Android Question Android App Bundle signed with a certificate that is not yet valid...

JhoeyBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I uploaded my apk in Google Play Store but i found this error...
Your help is much appreciated..

Thanks,

Lancer

See attached images....

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle signed with a certificate that is not yet valid. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a certificate that is currently valid. Learn more about signing.

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: DD:2B:8F:AB:67:57:7C:E5:57:12:D9:88:1D:EB:A7:E7:6D:7B:8D:F5 ]
and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):
[ SHA1: DF:F5:8D:DB:D9:CA:95:16:F3:E7:39:C7:3F:D3:AB:47:47:AE:92:83 ]

Your APK or Android App Bundle is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE). Learn More

Attachments

• _errorapp.JPG
    _errorapp.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 441
  • _errorapp1.JPG
    _errorapp1.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 466

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you create a new signing key? In your 2nd JPG it shows the "Valid from" date as Wed Oct 03 2018 - which indicates that it has just been created. As a comparison, the one I use shows a valid from date of Wed Aug 07 2013.

As the message from Play Store says, you have previously uploaded the app with a different key.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

JhoeyBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have created a new private key and re compile it again & again, but the
App signing by Google Play is giving this error again.

Lancer

Upload failed
You uploaded an APK or Android App Bundle signed with a certificate that is not yet valid. You need to sign your APK or Android App Bundle with a certificate that is currently valid. Learn more about signing.

Attachments

• _error_app1.JPG
    _error_app1.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 277
  • _error_app2.JPG
    _error_app2.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 314
Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have created a new private key and re compile it again & again, but the
App signing by Google Play is giving this error again.

Lancer
If you previously uploaded the app to Play Store you CANNOT upload it again with a different signing key. You MUST use the key you used when you originally uploaded the app. The signing key is what uniquely identifies your apps - you can use the same key on multiple different apps (or you can use a different key for each app if you want to - but I prefer to use the same key for all my apps to keep things simple), but once you have uploaded an app, you must always use the original signing key for that app.

If you can't find the original signing key you used for that app, then you might have a bit of a problem...

- Colin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fyi - from https://developer.android.com/studio/publish/app-signing

When you are ready to create your own key and keystore, make sure you first choose a strong password for your keystore and a separate strong password for each private key stored in the keystore. You must keep your keystore in a safe and secure place. If you lose access to your app signing key or your key is compromised, Google cannot retrieve the app signing key for you, and you will not be able to release new versions of your app to users as updates to the original app.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

JhoeyBoy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Colin, I've recovered my original signing key, the upload was accepted by google play after i click the REVIEW button this error was displayed.

Errors
Check these errors before starting the rollout of this release. Addressing the errors on this page will ensure your existing users are able to upgrade to the latest version of your app.

- Lancer

Attachments

• _cap1.JPG
    _cap1.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 364
  • _Cap2.JPG
    _Cap2.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fyi - if you click on the Learn More link in the quote in your first post, it will help you.

Your APK or Android App Bundle is using permissions that require a privacy policy: (android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE). Learn More

- Colin.

Upvote 0