Android Question AppUpdating Issue

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've spent a few hours, followed the instructions and tried a bunch of different things found in the forum but still can't get the AppUpdating library to work. I get the following error:

apkupdt.Initialize(Me,\
javac 1.8.0_121
shell\src\com\BizMobl\main_subs_0.java:492: error: package eu.dgconsulting.appupdating does not exist
parent.mostCurrent._apkupdt.runClassMethod (eu.dgconsulting.appupdating.cl_appupdate.class, "_initialize",main.mostCurrent.activityBA,(Object)(main.getObject()),(Object)(RemoteObject.createImmutable("tab1")));
^
1 error

Please let me know how I might correct. Thanks.

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Geoff,

did you download from post #290 the latest version of the lib? Could that "tab1" be part of the problem?
Can you show the full error message (I'm not so good at it, but others will surely jump in)?

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did try that and tried a bunch of other things. I'm going to start from scratch in case I did something wrong along the way. I thought, from my research, that the tab1 had no impact but I still tried anything I found on the forum. That was the complete error message but here it is again and won't compile. Does anyone know which is the best/only post to follow. I did follow #290 but may have gone astray when that didn't appear to work.

Compiling debugger engine code. Error
B4A line: 312
apkupdt.Initialize(Me,\
javac 1.8.0_121
shell\src\com\BizMobl\main_subs_0.java:492: error: package eu.dgconsulting.appupdating does not exist
parent.mostCurrent._apkupdt.runClassMethod (eu.dgconsulting.appupdating.cl_appupdate.class, "_initialize",main.mostCurrent.activityBA,(Object)(main.getObject()),(Object)(RemoteObject.createImmutable("tab1")));
1 error

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess that's possible but the rest of the app works perfect without the class initialization and About shows the correct version. I have tried many variations but will continue on this quest. I may try the reinstallation after one more attempt and may make a post looking for alternatives if this isn't working out. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe I found the problem.
Did you use the following code to initialize?
B4X:
apkupdt.Initialize(Me,"tab1")                   'tab1 has no meaning; use any name you like
'this is yor app's package name (see "Project/Package name")
apkupdt.PackageName = "eu.dgconsulting.appupdating"
If yes, please read the comment about the package name; you should use your program package name instead of "eu.dgconsulting.appupdating", I mean the one you set in Project/Build Configuration/Package menu option.
I may be wrong, but at least that could explain "error: package eu.dgconsulting.appupdating does not exist".

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I did try that and made sure my package name was correct using a different function to verify. I'm going to get back into it soon from a fresh start as see were I get. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have made excellent progress and everything works until it try's to update at which point I get this error message:

android.os.FileUriExposedException: file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.BizMobl/files/tmp.apk exposed beyond app through Intent.getData()

I did put the SharedFolder permissions. This only happens after the download when the install is called

Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I finally figured it all out but am not exactly sure as I tried a lot of suggestions from other posts. Couple things:
1) Needed to follow the directions in the InstallAPK example to:
B4X:
    Wait For (CheckInstallationRequirements) Complete (Result As Boolean)
    If Result Then
        SendInstallIntent
    End If
2) Recompiled the library as DonManfred suggested

Still have not been able to get the apkupdt.UpdateApk to work but if I issue each command separately then it works. I will continue debugging tomorrow.

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A new release of the lib will be published shortly. As far as preliminary tests scored, it seems to work nice.
And I had time to add a couple of new features too.
Stay tuned..

Upvote 0

aregan

Licensed User
Hi
I'm trying to find the latest version of the AppUpdating library. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Upvote 0

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It should be:
I forgot to make it "offical" and publish it in the appropriate thread (AppUdating 2.0). This specific version solves a coexistence problem when AU is used in conjunction with NB6 (read the thread from first post if interested on the subject).

Upvote 0