A box I created in Photoshop - I'm no expert, that's for sure...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For Google's sponsored ads, you need to supply an image of the product you are advertising. As I sell invoicing software solutions, just putting a screen shot up wouldn't have done any justice to the advert.

I'm not a graphical person and I'm definitely not proficient in Photoshop in anyway whatsoever, I just mess around until something looks good to me. After using a few tricks that I've learnt over the years, I managed to create this box in about an hour or so.

boximage.jpg

I'm extremely pleased with the result...

Last edited:

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
It looks nice! So impress for unexpert!

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Only if I can get it into PC world, but they work in a strange way. They want everything for free until they sell them, then I would get paid. So I would have to get CD's, boxes and manuals printed, give then to PC world for a 12% deposit, then I would only get paid if they sell the products. If They don't sell I get them back.

Since my software does in fact have GTIN number (UPC-A) and Barcode number (EAN-13), in theory the possibilities are potentially endless @KMatle. Another avenue would be to give Amazon a try. As my product already have barcode numbers linked to them, Amazon would accept me as a seller. All products on Amazon need to have an legitimate barcode number on them :)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
impressive!
One thing: Since you see the top of the box, that means you are above it (Murphy's Law #19).. and this in turn means the width at the top should
(look) longer than the width at the bottom.. because the bottom side is away from you. I thought you may want to correct this.

my two cents.

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
impressive!
One thing: Since you see the top of the box, that means you are above it (Murphy's Law #19).. and this in turn means the width at the top should
(look) longer than the width at the bottom.. because the bottom side is away from you. I thought you may want to correct this.

my two cents.
I knew that one was coming way before I posted the image :)
As I previously mentioned, I'm no expert :p

Since it's not a 3D interactive object, I think the current version's straight vertical lines look just fine! :)
Then again, it's just my opinion. I'm a Classical Greek Architecture kind of guy.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my early school days I had technical drawing... if I can remember correctly, the single "law" on this is that all line must be parallel when in the same axis. The only thing that could change is it the inclination of the box is different than 45°, wich would give the impression of a longer object than reality.
This is not a 2 point perspective, so to me... it looks awesome

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you are right guys,
I thank the graduation of the yellow color to darker while going down gave the impression that the lower side of the box is bigger, (psychology).