A few minor suggestions...

Discussion in 'Basic4ppc Wishlist' started by mjcoon, Apr 23, 2009.

1. mjcoon

mjcoon Well-Known Member Licensed User

Most trivial: device menu Tools/Interface has item "Word Warp". I imagine that is a sort of self-defining warp of "wrap"! BTW do the wrap options apply merely to the display and not add any new-lines to the source file (as I would expect)?

How about an extra option in at least some of the MsgBox variations which include a "Help" button to invite a context-sensitive explanation of the exception condition or consequences. (I'm assuming that the MsgBox call would be then be written in a loop-until-not-returning-cHelp.)

I got into difficulties by not realising that the "Not" operator is more like a function call and has to have "Not ()" as the Help says. I had assumed that, as elsewhere, it was a unary operator and would be applied using operator rules to determine its operand. But the compiler did not complain, and it took me a while to realise why run-time exceptions were being thrown. (It didn't help that I was using the one-line form of the If statement.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Very good comments.
    The first one is a spelling bug and will be fixed ASAP. The wrap option doesn't affect the source file.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice