A letter from Google Play

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I received a letter from GP with the following paragraph>
Please note that under Brazilian law, all merchants selling content in Brazil that receive payouts in any currency other than Brazilian Real will have a required 25% tax withheld for purchases made by Brazilian customers.

So Google takes 30% and Brazil takes 25%
I will give the 45% to the United Kingdom!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why? At least 55%, be generous!
I wish I could, Luca, but this is the only thing they left for me.. 30% to Google + 25% to Brazil
and I am left with 45%.. it doesn't worth it..
Another solution is to collect the money in local Brazil Real and give it to anyone there, so the government doesn't get anything.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
uhm ...

If we created a free app to be published on Google whose purpose is to advertise the "real" app for sale on our site (saving that 30%)?

(I should open a new thread for what I am about to write, but this is only my outburst. I just found out that someone has made an app that I had in my mind for many months and to which I was assigned a wrong priority; it has been downloaded 50,000,000 times!
I feel like the one who always plays the same numbers in the lottery but only once did not play thinking, "Does not matter, I'll never win!"

Let me weep
upload_2014-11-5_4-5-33.png
).

Informatix

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish I could, Luca, but this is the only thing they left for me.. 30% to Google + 25% to Brazil
Another solution is to collect the money in local Brazil Real and give it to anyone there, so the government doesn't get anything.
For this reason, I will probably remove Brazil from the distribution list in my GP console, as Google suggests:
"Because the tax is required, the only way to opt-out of this Brazilian tax is to remove your app from distribution in Brazil."

D

Deleted member 103

For this reason, I will probably remove Brazil from the distribution list in my GP console, as Google suggests:
"Because the tax is required, the only way to opt-out of this Brazilian tax is to remove your app from distribution in Brazil."
I simply enter the prize for Brasil to 25% height.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I simply enter the prize for Brasil to 25% height.
Filippo, that's perfect solution.. thanks..
I would say 26% though.. because it is calculated for the whole amount and I don't want to give them a penny :)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

why remove?? just add those 25% to your price and that's it...
you can set the price for your apps individually to all countries so brazil will pay 25% more then france :)

EDIT: i see now that fillippo allready said that.. sorry..

jcohedman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Give it to me, I live in Argentina, 60 km from Brazil frontier... Ha ha, life is good, anyway...

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why sell an app ?, leave it for free, more downloads, more revenue from ads, easy ! :)

See what the flappy bird guy did.