iOS Question A little help with - Sign in with Apple & Firebase

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have sign in with Google on Firebase working but I am sure not all apple users have Gmail accounts.

So I went to this page Sign In with Apple and Firebase

Seems kind of straight forward but once I have a provision that doesn't have a wild card (has what I will actually use)
This is where my problem happens.

1) Seems I cannot debug with this provision file (so how do I go about debugging this sign in?)
2) If I compile in release mode it doesn't seem to be installing on the device (compiles fine and seems to do everything fine).

3) In another earlier thread I read that this sign in is done once and only once and I have to save the user login information (does this still apply)?

I do have 2 provision files and can bounce from the wildcard one to the other without a problem

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) Seems I cannot debug with this provision file (so how do I go about debugging this sign in?)
You can debug with it.

2) If I compile in release mode it doesn't seem to be installing on the device (compiles fine and seems to do everything fine).
You can compile in release mode.

3) In another earlier thread I read that this sign in is done once and only once and I have to save the user login information (does this still apply)?
This is still true. The workaround is here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/user-authentication-with-apple-id.113671/#content

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Really, GR8.

Not working for me.
When I DEBUG compile with the Provision file that does not have wild cards I get
B4X:
Preparing project for builder.    Error
Store provision profile can only be used in Release compilation.

If I Build Server -> Build Release App (using the Provision file that does not have wild cards) it compiles clean but never installs on the device to run.

So "you can debug it" and "you can compile in release mode" aren't helping.

But I'll somehow figure it out

Upvote 0

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
To try to help, more information is needed.

1. How is you provision file built? What certificate is it using? What is the certificate type?
for example:
1649602163466.png
I build multiple apps from the same keys file so all of my apps have something like:

B4X:
#if StoreRelease
' StoreRelease is a property of a Build configuration
#ProvisionFile: Digitwell_2020_Release_Build.mobileprovision
#Else
' This is a wildcard provision
#ProvisionFile:   digitwell_ios_adhoc.mobileprovision
#End If

'This is the matching certificate for both development and store releases
#CertificateFile: ios_digitwell_distribution.cer

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
First, thanks for trying to help. I can't create a certificate that uses anything if I end with *

I have 2 Certificates (one ends in * )
1649604124184.png

1649604181607.png
B4X:
    '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '    Appled Sign In Stuff
    '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#if Release_For_Store    
'    #AdditionalLib        : AuthenticationServices.framework    
'    #Entitlement        : <key>com.apple.developer.applesignin</key><array><string>Default</string></array>    

#ProvisionFile        : BBsViewer.mobileprovision    
#else 
    #ProvisionFile        : comBOBs.mobileprovision
#end if    
#End Region

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I got it. or you showed it to me
B4X:
'This is the matching certificate for both development and store releases
#CertificateFile: ios_digitwell_distribution.cer
was the answer.

Changed this line in my code to be the deployment cert and everything seems to be working.

THANKS a lot. Just the push in the right direction I needed.

Upvote 0