B4J Question [ABMaterial] ABMGoogleMap Rendering Challenge

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by Mashiane, Nov 20, 2016.

  1. Mashiane

    Mashiane Expert Licensed User

    Hi there

    Kinda frustrated right now. I copied the ABMGoogleMap demo example to my page however whilst it runs perfectly in the demo, in my example its kicking out a TypeError that is raised in common.js. Has anyone else experienced this and perhaps got a resolve?

    The map displays partially and then after a while brings ups an Oops. Please see attachment.


    I also have a method here where markers are being read from a database and added to the ABMGoogleMap, whilst that is called, it does no effect to the map. I have tried this with my api key and without the api key, same result.

    Please please please someone advise, I could be doing something wrong but I don't know what.

    Thanks in advance.

    Attached Files:

  2. mindful

    mindful Active Member Licensed User

    Have you tried setting page.NeedsGoogleMap = True in you BuildPage sub ?!
    Mashiane likes this.
  3. Harris

    Harris Well-Known Member Licensed User

    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Mashiane likes this.
  4. Mashiane

    Mashiane Expert Licensed User

    @Harris @mindful: thanks guys. Irrespective of the demo running without an api key well, USE AN API KEY. Lesson learned.

    This is the same key as Google Maps JavaScript Key / Google Places Web Api service.
    Harris likes this.
  5. Mashiane

    Mashiane Expert Licensed User

    Eish, im in so much pressure to get this approved as the next framework for our webapps, so you can imagine trying to get buy in at times to be a challenge. So my proof of concept app needs to be super working marvelous. Thanks a lot guys, just removed my sweat from my brow.


    happy for days!
  6. Mashiane

    Mashiane Expert Licensed User

    Yippie!!! I however have to have a button that needs to be clicked to load the points as ConnectPage does not show I tried having this run on the _ready event of the map

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice