B4J Question [ABMaterial]ABMGridBuilder.jar not working

Hi all,

I have an issue with ABMGridBuilder when I double click on the ABMGridBuilder.jar file it will not load the builder. How can I sort this out? Do I need to re download it? If so please can I have a link to the download(the links that I have been trying on other posts have not been working)

Thank you very much

Philip Chatzigeorgiadis

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are using Java 11 or 14, jar files are not executed by double clicking.

You need to use the Internal Packager to build an executable from the ABMGridBuilder source. You can find the source code in Post #5 in this thread:

Please note that you might need to make the changes listed in Post #16 in this thread:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...abmgridbuilder-and-java-11-or-14-issue.120084

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can find the source code in Post #5 in this thread
Thank you, I have tried this but I get the error below when compiling:

Java Version: 11
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Unknown type: abcanvas
Are you missing a library reference?
Error occurred on line: 12 (GridBuilder)
Dim ABC As ABCanvas

AlwaysBusy did mention that he was not able to locate the ABCanvas source code for this library in post #5 of the below link:

Where can I find the library?

Upvote 0

Philip Chatzigeorgiadis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look into the the ABMGridBuilder.zip file you have already downloaded.
It contains a folder called "Libraries" and the B4JSourceCode.zip (which containes the source code you are using).

In the Libraries folder you will find the ABCanvas.jar and ABCanvas.xml files.
Copy these files to B4J Additional Libraries folder.

Then open the ABMGridBuilder source code in the B4J IDE (as you have already done) and make sure you select the ABCanvas library.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AlwaysBusy did mention that he was not able to locate the ABCanvas source code for this library in post #5 of the below link:
You are on the right direction, only not on the right track...
The lib Alain created for the GridBuilder has nothing to do with this. The problem is the way newer Java handle the Canvas.
In its original release Alain setted the Grid to work with an excepionally BIG canvas object. At that time it was not a problem, but now it is. the solution I came up with, using ALAIN's help, was to dramatically reduce the Canvas size to only accomodate the on-screen Grid rows.

Here's my working Grid Builder.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9j0vtvpr2xl3x9/GridBuilder.zip?dl=0

Upvote 0