B4J Library [ABMaterial] Framework for WebApps

Discussion in 'B4J Libraries & Classes' started by alwaysbusy, Nov 5, 2015.

1. magi6162

magi6162 Well-Known Member Licensed User

I made a donation for ABMaterial...:)
    where can i download it?

joulongleu likes this.
  2. alwaysbusy

alwaysbusy Expert Licensed User

@magi6162 Thank you very much! You should've recieved an email from me with instructions.

joulongleu likes this.
  3. TopCun

TopCun New Member

ABMaterial is DonationWare.?????? the true is software for sale.

ShaneG30 and joulongleu like this.
  4. xamminf

xamminf New Member

Is is possible to delete this stupid message from a New Member TROLL ?

joulongleu,

Perhaps, do you have a framework to give us ? I'm waiting the url download.

5. ShaneG30

ShaneG30 Well-Known Member Licensed User

You can call me a troll too but he's right:

Commercial Software: Required Purchase
    Donationware: Like commercial software except the "purchase" is optional. (Think of it as an unlimited free trial; similar software includes Sublime Text.)

joulongleu likes this.
  6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

As explained in the first post ABMaterial is donationware. You can use it without paying anything. There are benefits for developers who make a donation.

Alain is making huge efforts in the development of this great framework and we should all appreciate it.
    For further questions regarding ABMaterial licensing please contact Alain directly.

7. alwaysbusy

First, you don't like my library? Perfectly fine for me.:) Nobody is forcing you to use it. B4X provides you with all kind of great tools and utils to handle CSS/HTML/Javascript and build great webapps.

I have created ABM so everyone can be aided to make webapps for free easily. I only found it quite reasonable to give my donators a (very) small gift for their generousity. But they are little shortcuts that also can be done otherwise:

1. PNG Optimization: https://tinypng.com/
    2. gzip: http://www.gzip.org/
    3. CDN: This is the first version that uses it, and frankly it is a test for me how it works. Good chance that once the donators found it is stable enough (oh yes, they are my guinea pigs! ;)) I will be able to open it up for everyone.
    4. Extra libraries, well I'm free to give it to anyone I want, no? They aren't part of the ABM library anyway.

Donators get my latest version I working on about a month before anyone else. And that is not always a gift as it sometimes contains new bugs that they report to me. ABM has outgrown anything I have ever worked on for the B4X platform and having a small 'manageable' group that reports bugs back to me is a godsend for me and everyone else. Some of them went beyond duty in assisting me to improve and expand this library a great deal!

You can download the most stable version from post one for free, without any restrictions to use (except exploiting my work by selling it). If I wanted to create a 'commercial' library, don't worry, I would. But I choose not to.

I have always been very clear about this:

From my blog: https://alwaysbusycorner.com/2016/09/28/b4j-future-steps-for-abmaterial/
    This will be my one and only reply to justify why I do things my way on this topic. As Erel mentioned, all unsatisfied users that feel I've done them great injustice can mail me.

Mashiane, Molchyn, LipJ and 10 others like this.
  8. alwaysbusy

ABMfeedback will be down for a couple of days :( I just installed a Google Wifi and it has a different range of IP addresses so I will have to make the needed changes for port forwarding and mysql. I'll report back soon...

9. alwaysbusy

Ok, got a new url for the feedback app. Looks like, after 10 years having the same 'Dynamic' IP, my ISP decided it was time for a new one. I must say Google Wifis android app is a bit of a mess (clearly they have not discovered B4A yet :)). A lot of time it can't even get my device client list and one cannot do port forwarding and UPnP at the same time. Next will be trying to get the feedback.abmaterial.com url working again, but for now you can use this one:

http://81.165.232.103:8080/feedback/

Mashiane, inakigarm and joulongleu like this.
  10. alwaysbusy

As there was a major issue with ABM running of B4J v6.00, everyone (donator or not) can download the upgrade to 4.03.

See https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/abmaterial-framework-for-webapps.60072/ for the download link.

Or donators can also use the feedback app to download version 4.03.

For anyone upgrading from Chipmunk, it is very important you also read the included Checklist 4.00 pdf file!

joulongleu, Erel and mindful like this.
  11. MbedAndroid

MbedAndroid Active Member Licensed User

B4j 6++? the download B4j site is only B4j 5.9... I''m missing something apperently

joulongleu likes this.
  12. alwaysbusy

13. MbedAndroid

working...again great work Alain.
    seems to be faster

joulongleu and alwaysbusy like this.
  14. alwaysbusy

joulongleu likes this.
  15. MbedAndroid

3.75. Looks it loads faster a page, but might be wrong

joulongleu likes this.
  16. MbedAndroid

4.03 loading a certain page 3ms. Same program, same page on secondairy pi with 3.75 4ms

other page on 4.03 :14ms
    secondairy Pi, same page with 3.75 16ms

joulongleu likes this.
  17. alwaysbusy

Oh yes! A lot of work was done going from Chipmunk to Dragonfly on caching which makes a big difference. Glad you like it :)

joulongleu likes this.
  18. MbedAndroid

i certainly do.
    The reported ms are not loadingtime of a page in the browser but constructingtime of a certain page in the rasp.

joulongleu likes this.
  19. MbedAndroid

question:
    I inserted all mod's
    found this in the logging:
    ABM v4.03 requires Cache System 3.0 (yours: 1.0)
    Replaced the CacheControl and CacheScavenger

what's missing?

joulongleu likes this.
  20. OliverA

OliverA Expert Licensed User

joulongleu likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice