B4J Question [ABMATERIAL] Row.Clicable event name

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alain,

If one does theme a row to be clickable, the eventname is meaningless
Page_rowclicked...
Can you make it as the rest of the clickevents and have the I'd preceding the "_clicked" part?

Last edited:

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Rowclicked is a page event. In the early days of ABM, rows and cells could only be on page level, later it was also possible in containers but I couldn't change it any more as it would break to many programs me (and others) had made.

You must use the target and row params and analyse it yourself as it can quickly become quite complex (the ID is adjusted depending on its depth in the html, e.g. used in a sub container. It is not possible for ABM to keep track of that (I looked into it) so you will need to do this yourself.

And it wouldn't be practical either in many cases. Suppose you build a 'list' with hundreds of rows. That would mean you would have hundreds of events to program. Now, it acts a bit as an AddArraycomponent: it returns one event, and the params determine on which of the rows was clicked.

the target param will give you which the parent is of the row you clicked (e.g. from the page, from the container, etc...)
the row param will give you the row number

Same goes for the CellClicked event.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's a solution... I was to explore the event parameters, now I must compromise between having a "inside the cell component" event that is called by I'd, or fiddle with the parameters... Shouldn't be too difficult though

Last edited:
Upvote 0