Android Question About B4i buy options

gacar

Hello, There are two different options when we buy the annual B4i for IOS phones. One is 2 months free update and the other is 2 years free update. Is this update of the ide we developed B4i in Windows environment? Or is it an update of the IOS application we developed? That is, if I develop an application and it works smoothly, should I update my application with the updates that come depending on IOS over time? and accordingly should I update the B4i as well? Or will an already running app always run? Because I couldn't decide which one to choose between the 2-month option and the 2-year option. Thanks.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
First, you should have posted this question in B4i section.

If you bought 2 months license or package, you get a license to start using B4i and the software can be use forever. If you are lucky, you get to download a free version before the 2 month period ends.

B4X products get updated quite frequent. So you will want your version updated all the time. You may want a piece of mind. Someone may share a project on this forum later that you want to try but it only support the latest Core library. If you are lucky, you can have a workaround but my experience is I can’t make my older version of B4i work without upgrading.

If you do a math, it is more worth to go for the 2 years package. You may try to get the 2 months package once and I predict you will ultimately go for the 2 years. I always purchase the 2 years package and always renew to the 2 years package.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, There are two different options when we buy the annual B4i for IOS phones. One is 2 months free update and the other is 2 years free update. Is this update of the ide we developed B4i in Windows environment? Or is it an update of the IOS application we developed? That is, if I develop an application and it works smoothly, should I update my application with the updates that come depending on IOS over time? and accordingly should I update the B4i as well? Or will an already running app always run? Because I couldn't decide which one to choose between the 2-month option and the 2-year option. Thanks.
From my experience:
Many years ago when i created my first App

I bougth the software with 2 months free updates.

So when my app was making money I bougth the 2years.

Upvote 0

gacar

First, you should have posted this question in B4i section.

If you bought 2 months license or package, you get a license to start using B4i and the software can be use forever. If you are lucky, you get to download a free version before the 2 month period ends.

B4X products get updated quite frequent. So you will want your version updated all the time. You may want a piece of mind. Someone may share a project on this forum later that you want to try but it only support the latest Core library. If you are lucky, you can have a workaround but my experience is I can’t make my older version of B4i work without upgrading.

If you do a math, it is more worth to go for the 2 years package. You may try to get the 2 months package once and I predict you will ultimately go for the 2 years. I always purchase the 2 years package and always renew to the 2 years package.
Thanks for the explanation.

Upvote 0