Android Question About Mac Emulators and how to set them up

morphe2011

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello All
I asked last week about installing to a Mac Emulator. I've got a client with an iOS app that we are converting to Droid. I've offered to buy him a Droid phone as it would be cheaper at this point but being 100% Apple , not going to happen.

With Erel's help I was able to get the apk to install on his emulator running on his Mac. However I cannot get it to write to the virtual hard drive. The app creates and uses a small SQLite db . Without it the app does not work. I suspect the issue is in the setup of the emulator and I've suggested changes based on the Windows emulator but no luck.

The Droid app is otherwise complete.

Any suggestions or pearls of wisdom would be much appreciated.

morphe2011

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok so what settings on the emulator are messed up? In Windows I see RAM,Internal Storage,SD Card, VM Heap and Use Host GPU. For my own testing (we never use emulators as we bought a range of real devices) I went with 1024 RAM, VM Heap 32, Internal Storage of 200 and the SD Card of 20. I did not check use Host GPU . The app of course launches and works as designed. I assumed that the Mac has the same options. Is this correct?

Upvote 0

morphe2011

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. In this part of the world there are very, very few Macs. There is only one here in this small town and the lady who owns it and I are not exactly on friendly terms. Do you know of any of the B4A members who have a Mac? I'll gladly flip the link to the test apk. Before getting back to the client I'd like to have a solution. I need to know if the issue is with the emulator or the clients machine. If it's the machine then I can convince his boss to spend $300 and buy a couple of devices.

Upvote 0