Android Question Access denied to the path

Kenny Ali

Licensed User
Hi, I'm using B4A-Bridge and today out of nowhere I got this error.

B4A Version: 7.80
Parseando code. (0.01s)
Compiling Error code
Access denied to the path 'C: \ Users \ ***** \ Desktop \ Personal \ Project1BA \ Objects \ bin \ classes'.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
I am having the same problem with 7.30...
Access to the path 'C:/.../designerscripts' is denied.
I restarted my computer and sometimes that works, but sometimes it does not...

Upvote 0

Kenny Ali

Licensed User
I am having the same problem with 7.30...
Access to the path 'C:/.../designerscripts' is denied.
I restarted my computer and sometimes that works, but sometimes it does not...

What I did was to close the project and the Bridge app and then open it again.

Are you changing the location of the project?

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
I've been trying numerous things including moving the entire folder somewhere else close to the C, however i can't move it because of permission... i think the problem is on my end somewhere and not with B4A

Upvote 0

Kenny Ali

Licensed User
I've been trying numerous things including moving the entire folder somewhere else close to the C, however i can't move it because of permission... i think the problem is on my end somewhere and not with B4A

What if you try to copy it instead of moving it and then open it from the new location?

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
During the copy i am prompted that i dont have the permission to access that specific folder, therefore the copy is incomplete. If i start B4A and the app from the rest of the files, the same problem occurs ...

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
Yea i've seen this post. However the unstability of my problem makes it even weirder. If i restart my computer and start B4A fast enough, my app compiles perfectly. I really think its a computer permission problem and not B4A...

Upvote 0

Kenny Ali

Licensed User
Yea i've seen this post. However the unstability of my problem makes it even weirder. If i restart my computer and start B4A fast enough, my app compiles perfectly. I really think its a computer permission problem and not B4A...

Yeah, it’s very possible.
Are you logged as Admin in your pc?

What I would do is to restart the pc and fast enough copy the project to some place else like ‘My Documents’ and try to work it from there.

Upvote 0

Yvon Steinthal

Licensed User
So i've tried this, and guess what, it doesnt work. in my designerscript there seems to be .java files build up. I have an encrypted laptop that i ended up decrypting just to see if that would do the trick. Sadly it did not.
My other problem is the fact WebRoot might be a part of the problem but since im not the administrator i dont have the slightest clue. Would an antivirus block compiled .java files?

EDIT: This fixed my problem in Windows 10.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-access-denied-folders-windows-10/

Last edited:
Upvote 0