Accessing info from Windows WM6.1 DLL

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by aerohost, Aug 17, 2008.

1. aerohost

aerohost Member Licensed User

Hi, there is a system file (RIL.dll) in my Windows WM6 folder on my HTC Touch that apparantly contains information about my phone that I need to display with B4P on my device screen.

Does anyone know how to extract this info for use in a B4P program?

Tks, AB

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

3. aerohost

aerohost Member Licensed User

Hi Erel, thanks for that, it was just about exactly what I needed.

Problem is, when I run it on my HTC Touch (CDMA), many of the phone parameters either read as 'FAILED', or actually cause the program to crash.

I'm mostly after signal strength, and that does work, but it only gives me the value of the bar graph at top, in big steps, not the discrete value of the strength.

There is a 'field test' program on my phone that is able to give me decibel readings in one step increments, so I know it is possible.

That field test program would be good enough for peaking my external yagi antenna as I sail up and down the coast, but it's not big enough to see, so I want to create a program that makes the signal strength digits the full size of the screen, or at least to the point where I can read it while I'm up the mast in bright sunlight.

There is another dll on the phone called RILphone.dll and there has been some suggestion it may access the signal data at a more granular level.

Is there a way to change the wrapper so that it looks at a different dll? Or perhaps you have another idea?

Many Thanks, Adrian

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

There is no simple way to use these dll files.
    Maybe dzt who wrote this wrapper may further help you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice