Android Question ACL flashlight problem

RichyK68

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I've had to get a new phone because, apparently, Samsung Galaxy S4's don't take too kindly to being dropped a couple of feet onto concrete when wrapped in a huge shock-proof case. I've now got an excellent LG G2, but I've noticed that the app I'm developing which makes use of the ACL library to turn the flashlight on and off (like a torch) doesn't work on the G2. It doesn't error, it just doesn't turn the light on. Other torch apps on my phone work fine.

How else can I turn the light on? And is there a consistent way across Android to do this?

Thanks,

Richard

RichyK68

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. I've moved my code over from ACL to use CameraEx. I check for the "torch" mode to see if it's supported in the camera Ready event, and it is, so I enable the torch button. When I press it, it does this:

MyCameraEx.SetFlashMode("torch")

and if I check MyCameraEx.GetFlashMode straight after I get "torch" but the torch still doesn't come on. No error either. Other torch apps work though.

In my _Resume event I initialize it like this:

MyCameraEx.Initialize(Panel1, False, Me, "MyCamera")

Anything else I should check? Thanks :)

Richard

Upvote 0

RichyK68

Licensed User
Longtime User
Right after MyCameraEx.SetFlashMode("torch")? Just tried that, still refuses to turn the light on :(

Richard

Upvote 0