adding application icon

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by tremara1, May 3, 2009.

1. tremara1

tremara1 Active Member Licensed User

I am sorry for this, but I am having a problem setting an app icon. I have previously set an icon on another project and my new project picked up the icon I had previously used. I have tried File-Choose icon but when I select an icon it does not set. Thanks.....
    Trevor
    Ballarat Victoria Australia

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

Hi,
    With File\Choose Icon it has always worked for me.
    The only problem I have is that sometimes the IDE looses the icon file and must choosen again.

After having choosen the icon file in the IDE and compiled the program again I see, in the file explorer, the new file with it's icon.

I remember that on some older devices a soft reset was necessary to see the new icon. http://www.basic4ppc.com/forum/questions-help-needed/3448-icon-file.html

Best regards.

3. tremara1

Thanks..........

thanks Klaus, I am developing on the desktop for my device. The File-Choose Icon seems to work however the selected icon name does not appear in the File menu next to the Icon Choose item. Is it to do with the icondata.dat file..perhaps.

4. klaus

klaus Expert Licensed User

What kind of file do you try to load ?
    It must be an *.ico file, otherwise it won't work.
    I am developing on the desktop too.

Best regards.

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

icondata.dat is not related to this.
    Maybe there was some problem with loading the icon.
    If you like you can upload your icon to the forum (zip it first) and I'll check it.

6. tremara1

icon problem solved

it appears it was the format of the icon....when I used a 16x16 16 color icon it worked....thanks guys.
    Trevor
    Ballarat,Victoria,Australia,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice