Android Tutorial Adding Background or image file top activity

Hello,
I am new to this forum, I have just installed the IDE.
Congratulations on the ease of use! Having messed around with WinDev for a while, which costs a fortune compared to B4A I am stunned on how quickly one deploys a application to a device (even wireless). At the moment I am also playing around with Eclipse which seems to be the standard on Android, but also more complicated.

I have the following questions:

1. how can one add a background or a image to a activity (no function just for good look)? I have seen info's on how to draw graphics but did not find the answer yet.

2. On WinDev Code could be separated in procedures in external files. Here it is included, is this not a safety issue?

3. what is the main limitation on B4A? Just to see for what kind of projects I could use the tool

Thanks for info!

Regards
Hans

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure that I understand the issue in your second question.

About the third question.
The only two major features missing are OpenGL and home screen widgets.
Support for home screen widgets is planned for the version following the next one.

There are other small features that are not yet supported. These features are being added constantly (with upgrades to the existing libraries).

Note that you can also create your own libraries and use those from Basic4android: Libraries developers questions - Basic4ppc / Basic4android - Android programming