Admob income dropped over the last four weeks?

Discussion in 'The Business Forum' started by andymc, May 4, 2018.

1. andymc

andymc Well-Known Member Licensed User

I've noticed my RPM and CPC have dropped a lot over the last month. HAs anyone else seen this? I'm also getting a lower fillrate, so my apps are requesting ads but not being given any for 20% of requests.

2. LucaMs

LucaMs Expert Licensed User

"Good" news :(:(:(

3. hookshy

hookshy Well-Known Member Licensed User

I use startapp ... I have a problem with math
    here is the revenue for yesterday : 123 impresions 30 clicks ctr 24% ecpm 0,08$ fill rate 100% profit 0,01$
    last 30 days: 2700 Impresions 629 Clicks ctr 23.09 % ecpm 0,1$ fillrate 27% outstanding profit 0,26$

I keep ads to stress the user ..not for money ...
    Do I have to do something else to see any revenue ? anyway ...it seems from a subiective point of view that ads display is just a bussiness for companies (I there never existed inapp purchase then delopper would have worked for free.)

I guess I could do more than 0,3$ in the street with a banner over my head !
    I heard alot of complains of the profit return from ads ...i am afraid we are goint to earn less and less from this kind of monetise ...maybe new revolution will happen on this

I am very sory that I have not read your blog ...I am one of that developers that do not monetise ...

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  4. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

startapp is mainly CPI then. so you only get decent earning when people install apps through your apps.

Edit: I checked their site and it's probably company #87 that promises the highest cpm, in my eyes all b*ll$h*t just to lure developers to use their sdk. they are the ones who get rich and the devs get peanuts.

Why didn't you stick to admob? A lot of people mentioned it before that they went back to it after testing some others with bad results.

@andymc : It seems you're on the rollercoaster I warned you about a few weeks ago.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Multiverse app likes this.
  5. hookshy

Because I was stupid to click admob ads from my device , and ADDMOB not the decent and smart company to filter developer clicks.
    The admob account is closed for life :rolleyes:

With all this tehnologie ..you let people make the mistake and close the accounts ...the practice sucks from my point of view ....just because you are powerfull, show it ... let developers now that you are smart and powerfull not the case for Admob

Yes ...CPI is for developer , when you advertise ...you still pay for some amout of clicks ...
    that is how you get to spend all you money on advertising campain
    They do no like you to show adds ...and since you did not get any installs you shall pay 0$
    it is not a good practice for an advertising company ...so in the end you pay for clicks as well

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Multiverse app likes this.
  6. sorex

I think the first lines you read about implementing admob is not to click your own ads and not encourage users to click them :)

You have the testing mode where you can click as much as you want to test events.

7. LucaMs

I did the same; AdMob suspended for a month.

Fortunately now it has a number of downloads close to... zero.

:p

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  8. hookshy

This is an ugly practice ...you have a product and keep posting all that you should not do with it ... human error must be avoided as much as possible is how we human function ...

A producer has a product that sell on the market he release 100 000 copies, most of the products returned broken and he or she does not do anything to change that because he wrote something in the "how to manual" ... as if there were some button ...press this to lose quaranty

We also sell apps and keep adding the disclaimer:"app delivered as it is" , if it is in your power to fix something you do it and keep your app exerience to high level , get more positive reviews and keep climbing to top apps. Addsense is already a top service maybe that is why does not bother much with 2% developers that press adds. I keep my belives that when you are big there is not such way of showing that you are powerfull.

9. sorex

you should look at it from their side aswell.

would you pay out thousands of people who cheat by clicking several ads everyday?

if they don't do this it will effect all devs who play it fair or worst case they just stop with it.

they warn for bad implementation aswell to get rid of those who let ads pop up at any moment during menus or gameplay to get as much accidental clicks.

10. andymc

Luckily if admob ban you, you have many other networks to use, Facebook, Unity, applovin, Chartboost. You can try them all out. Yes admob has the best income, but the others would be worth trying if admob ban you.

Sorry to sound like an old man, but the best approach is not to try to cheat the system but to do the work and get more downloads. Talk about your apps here of course, but also go on other forums and discussion boards to talk about it, maybe even write some blog posts on how you write your app (put an affiliate link to b4x here! :) )

Computersmith64 likes this.
  11. hookshy

accidental clicks can not be controled ...no perfect world ...
    There is no benefit for the as called fair play developers, ...do not try to exclude us ...the cheeters from the community :) you may have failed once in your way to become honest

12. aidymp

aidymp Active Member Licensed User

I noticed the drop in Admob just after xmas, apparently its same for most, my income dropped about 50% but its slowly coming back to normal. I have ditched Startapp as it was OK at one point but dropped to penny's a day, rather than the pounds a day with Admob.

Just out of interest what is an average daily rate? My Admob highest day earnings was £150, and average £100 (before the drop) at the moment its just under £50 a day. but seems to be moving up again.

Is that good? bad?

13. andymc

My best earning have been an average month of 65 pounds a day but has now dropped to around 25. Some of this is due to a drop in downloads, but some is a drop in CPC. I've also seen a big drop in fill rate lately, but that's coming back now so things have improved.

aidymp likes this.
  14. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

hmmm 100/day?? so you make about 3000 pounds per month?? not bad at all. i could give up my main job with that amount. what kind of apps do so well? games?

15. aidymp

aidymp Active Member Licensed User

It was for 2 months it's now about £1500 a month. America seems to be the key! Get them onboard and the earnings jump up. My app was nothing special (and is actually based on an example program in the forum) the app is not the best, but it has a big following, and I work on a principle that people should return daily! And switch from the app, to the website, to the app and so on. I do flood people with adverts, even though I have seen it my self that less adverts make more money!

At one point (before the big jump up) going from 3 adverts on a web page to one advert made revenue go up. But on some days it would be very low. It seems you have to experiment a lot! My earnings may seem high but that's actually just under 2,000,000 impressions, and just over 8000 clicks

So it's quite low I would say!

16. andymc

For me, it's the UK, US and Japan that are the big winners money wise.

17. LucaMs

Admob income dropped over the last four weeks?

No, I don't think so; my income has not changed:

upload_2018-5-21_16-16-4.png

:D:D:D

:(:(:(

:p:p:p

jimmyF, hookshy and aidymp like this.
  18. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

hmm... the big question is how to do that?

maybe i have an idea for an app that could be interesting. will write it down on my todo list and do it after i finish a project i am working on right now.

19. LucaMs

Me too (note: hang = append, in italian, appendere is the verb).

APP-END !!! (not the old Hangman game).

upload_2018-5-21_20-17-15.png

I could have chosen a more crude image :p

Do not delete this post; I would never hang myself, a gun or nohing, I will be forced to continue living in this very bad World!!!

Johan Hormaza likes this.
  20. Multiverse app

Multiverse app Active Member Licensed User

You mean you got banned by just 1 click? That can happen unintentionally too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice