Admob income dropped over the last four weeks?

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use startapp ... I have a problem with math
here is the revenue for yesterday : 123 impresions 30 clicks ctr 24% ecpm 0,08$ fill rate 100% profit 0,01$
last 30 days: 2700 Impresions 629 Clicks ctr 23.09 % ecpm 0,1$ fillrate 27% outstanding profit 0,26$

I keep ads to stress the user ..not for money ...
Do I have to do something else to see any revenue ? anyway ...it seems from a subiective point of view that ads display is just a bussiness for companies (I there never existed inapp purchase then delopper would have worked for free.)

I guess I could do more than 0,3$ in the street with a banner over my head !
I heard alot of complains of the profit return from ads ...i am afraid we are goint to earn less and less from this kind of monetise ...maybe new revolution will happen on this

I am very sory that I have not read your blog ...I am one of that developers that do not monetise ...

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
startapp is mainly CPI then. so you only get decent earning when people install apps through your apps.

Edit: I checked their site and it's probably company #87 that promises the highest cpm, in my eyes all b*ll$h*t just to lure developers to use their sdk. they are the ones who get rich and the devs get peanuts.

Why didn't you stick to admob? A lot of people mentioned it before that they went back to it after testing some others with bad results.

@andymc : It seems you're on the rollercoaster I warned you about a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why didn't you stick to admob?
Because I was stupid to click admob ads from my device , and ADDMOB not the decent and smart company to filter developer clicks.
The admob account is closed for life :rolleyes:

With all this tehnologie ..you let people make the mistake and close the accounts ...the practice sucks from my point of view ....just because you are powerfull, show it ... let developers now that you are smart and powerfull not the case for Admob

Yes ...CPI is for developer , when you advertise ...you still pay for some amout of clicks ...
that is how you get to spend all you money on advertising campain
They do no like you to show adds ...and since you did not get any installs you shall pay 0$
it is not a good practice for an advertising company ...so in the end you pay for clicks as well

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Because I was stupid to click admob ads from my device , and ADDMOB not the decent and smart company to filter developer clicks.
The admob account is closed for life :rolleyes:

I think the first lines you read about implementing admob is not to click your own ads and not encourage users to click them :)

You have the testing mode where you can click as much as you want to test events.

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the first lines you read about implementing admob is not to click your own ads and not encourage users to click them :)

You have the testing mode where you can click as much as you want to test events.

This is an ugly practice ...you have a product and keep posting all that you should not do with it ... human error must be avoided as much as possible is how we human function ...

A producer has a product that sell on the market he release 100 000 copies, most of the products returned broken and he or she does not do anything to change that because he wrote something in the "how to manual" ... as if there were some button ...press this to lose quaranty

We also sell apps and keep adding the disclaimer:"app delivered as it is" , if it is in your power to fix something you do it and keep your app exerience to high level , get more positive reviews and keep climbing to top apps. Addsense is already a top service maybe that is why does not bother much with 2% developers that press adds. I keep my belives that when you are big there is not such way of showing that you are powerfull.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you should look at it from their side aswell.

would you pay out thousands of people who cheat by clicking several ads everyday?

if they don't do this it will effect all devs who play it fair or worst case they just stop with it.

they warn for bad implementation aswell to get rid of those who let ads pop up at any moment during menus or gameplay to get as much accidental clicks.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Luckily if admob ban you, you have many other networks to use, Facebook, Unity, applovin, Chartboost. You can try them all out. Yes admob has the best income, but the others would be worth trying if admob ban you.

Sorry to sound like an old man, but the best approach is not to try to cheat the system but to do the work and get more downloads. Talk about your apps here of course, but also go on other forums and discussion boards to talk about it, maybe even write some blog posts on how you write your app (put an affiliate link to b4x here! :) )

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
accidental clicks can not be controled ...no perfect world ...
There is no benefit for the as called fair play developers, ...do not try to exclude us ...the cheeters from the community :) you may have failed once in your way to become honest

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
My best earning have been an average month of 65 pounds a day but has now dropped to around 25. Some of this is due to a drop in downloads, but some is a drop in CPC. I've also seen a big drop in fill rate lately, but that's coming back now so things have improved.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Admob income dropped over the last four weeks?

No, I don't think so; my income has not changed:

upload_2018-5-21_16-16-4.png

:D:D:D

:(:(:(

:p:p:p

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
America seems to be the key! Get them onboard and the earnings jump up

hmm... the big question is how to do that?

maybe i have an idea for an app that could be interesting. will write it down on my todo list and do it after i finish a project i am working on right now.

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
My RPM seems to drop as the requests increase. One of our apps was trending #4th in Productivity, and the requests per day were as high as 50K. But the RPM dropped to $0.1.
AdMob has been too much inconsistent for us. We've tried other networks, mediation, with 0 success. Also, no news about Native Advanced. The old traditional banners look super ugly and have terrible click-through rates.
Screenshot_20180521-114811_Google Play Store.jpg