Ads - New Topic?

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
Here's a topic I haven't seen discussed in a while – maybe a couple months or so.

What is currently everybody's favorite ad server for displaying ads in apps?

I stick mainly with banners, the other formats really don't fit my apps. I am currently using AdMob with mixed results.

Slide Me has an ad server that caught my eye. They mention paying for CPM versus CPC. They mention a partnership with MobFox.

I like the ideal of paying per impression, CPM, versus per click, CPC. I don't think I should have to rely on a user clicking an ad. The advertiser takes advantage of real estate in my app either way. I know, in the last 10 years, I have only clicked on one or two ads and half those were probably by mistake.

Slide Me would probably require a new wrapper library.

What are other people's current favorites?

Thanks,
Barry.

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
So I'm using Tap for Tap & now that I have around 3,500 combined current installs of the 2 free incarnations of my Yahtzee! app, I'm finding that I'm starting to see some fairly regular returns (whether they are good, bad or indifferent is something I haven't decided yet). The past week, I've been seeing between 3,500 & 5,000 impressions per day, 75-120 taps, & 3-9 installs - which has been resulting in daily earnings between $1.66 & $8.13.

On the surface of it, this seems OK - however it also seems that the lowest ECPM rates are coming from the regions where I'm getting the least activity. For example, it's $20.78 for New Zealand, but I've only generated $1.77 in revenue from there in the past week, whereas in the same week, I've generated $22.01 from the United States, but the ECPM is only $0.89. I've also picked up about 220 new users through the Tap for Tap tap exchange - I have the slider set to generate 80% "Make Money" & 20% "Get Users". I am only using interstitials & app walls & the interstitials seem to be generating about 95% of the revenue, so I might drop the add walls. I currently rotate between the 2 of them & then every 5th ad, I put up a "buy the paid version" dialog. Btw - I've sold about 100 installs to-date (the apps have been live since early August 2013).

I've done a bit of research online & found that there are supporters & detractors of just about every ad network out there, but I have been looking at LeadBolt & am tempted to try them - maybe by doing half their ads & half Tap for Tap. I feel like I'm doing OK all things considered, but I also have that little question in my mind about whether I could possibly be doing much better...

Colin.

MaxApps

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried SlideMe / Mobfox some time ago and it is just as bad as SlideMe marked.
I showed Mobfox and Admob banners divided 50/50 and Admob gave 12.6 times more than Mobfox!

What works best for me:
Banners - Admob
Interstitials - StartAp
AppWalls - Tap for Tap

But widdit looks really promising.

Kind regards
Jakob

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use Admob with banners only. Those full screen ads, pop ups, and what not annoy the hell of me so I never use them in my apps.

I have 42 apps with maybe 400 installs, 3000 or so impressions, and 20+ clicks a day. I make pretty much nothing.
I think my last payout from Google was $24 for three months.

The interesting thing for me here is that my apps that do generate this 'modest' revenue (which generate the clicks) are the ones from a secondary developer account I have with Google. I do not post these apps here because they are, lets say, of a questionable nature and inappropriate for this venue (If you know what I mean :rolleyes:).

This is merely hobby for me.
If you are in this for the money then I would say that relying strictly on clicks for revenue is going to be difficult.

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have three little applications - 2 of them are Christmas. In one I am using MoPub adserver , think it is the best because there are a lot of possibilities to control traffic and also there is no risk of banning account such as AdMob. I will use it in all my apps and games. In two others for that moment I am using Leadbolt banners (1$ ECPM) and app walls (2.5$ ECPM). Leadbolt HTML banners can be used with MoPub also and maybe app walls also or you can write own custom events for MoPub to use native Leadbolt SDK.

Last edited: