Android Question After upgrade 2.50 -> 2.71 project does not compile

Eduard

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I upgraded to 2.71 from 2.50 and project does not compile anymore. Can't find the cause.

I went back to 2.50, tried to compile the backup of the project and everything is still fine.

Then I tried 2.71 again using the project I just compiled on 2.50 and it still doesn't compile on 2.71.

So cause is 100% the upgrade from 2.50 to 2.71

The error that I get is:
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Error description: Unexpected variable name.
Occurred on line: 79
End If

I out commented the If statement to see what happens:
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Occurred on line: 57
gr.DB_lees_alleen_kop(target_contact.groep_id)

I out commented that line too:
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Occurred on line: 56
gr.Initialize

I out commented the entire sub: The error stays the same, but to the sub above. I think I can go on forever out commenting all the lines. But error will stay.

After some more out comment actions:
Parsing code. Error
Error parsing program.
Occurred on line: 3
Sub Process_Globals

After removing the module, error stays, but on other module, other sub

I 've now tried everything for 5 hours and I ran out of ideas.

I removed all references to all loaded libraries and unloaded them (except Core) --> Error stays the same.

The error only changes after I removed about 20 modules from the project. But it doesn't seem to be related to that specific module because if I start all over again and remove that module first, error is still the same.

I tried removing 10 modules and re-adding them --> no effect.

Clean project didn't help either. I've totally run out of ideas. The project has 46 modules or so.

Anyone an idea? Please help.

Last edited:

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
I doubt that you must update the android-support-v4.jar file from C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\extras\android\support) into CustommemberLibs (your Additional Libraries).

Upvote 0

Eduard

Licensed User
Longtime User
I doubt that you must update the android-support-v4.jar file from C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk-windows\extras\android\support) into CustommemberLibs (your Additional Libraries).
What exactly do you mean? I don't have a file named android-support-v4.jar on my system. Do I need to change libraries after upgrade to B4A v2.71 from v2.50?

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Compiling in B4A v 2.50 works fine. Therefore I don't think there is anything wrong with the code

You may well think that, but I know I've had a few issues when upgrading, only to find an issue in my code which the previous versions ignored. If the project is quite small and you are happy to share, maybe allow someone else to compile it.

Upvote 0

Eduard

Licensed User
Longtime User
I stripped down the project to narrow the problem. The error is still the same in this project. I removed most of the classes, all the code modules, all services and all activities except "Main". Uploaded partial project is here.

Attachments

• project_export_as_zip.zip
    101.6 KB · Views: 163
Upvote 0

Eduard

Licensed User
Longtime User
Where is the type id declared?
id is a library. I uploaded the lib (version 1.0). It's from the community: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/popup-menu-list-library.11136/#post-62162

Libraries used in the project

libraries_used_in_teamapps.png

Attachments

• id.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0

Eduard

Licensed User
Longtime User
It compiles fine here. I'm running a development version of v3.0.

Have you tried to reinstall v2.71? If yes, then you can wait for the release of the next version. It isn't too far.

I just did a re-install of 2.71. But no difference.

I'd rather not wait until 3.0 comes out. I'm in a hurry cause this project has been stalled for too long already, and it would really benefit from 2.71 functionality. Above that, the cause is not clear, so even if it's working on 3.0 alfa, there is no full guarantee it will work on 3.0 final. I'm worried it'll take longer and prefer another solution if possible.

Upvote 0

Eduard

Licensed User
Longtime User
That is what I did in #8. I removed all the modules except 'Main' and add them one by one. The problem is in the combination of Classes.

Could it be that if classes depend on each other in a circular way (A depends on B and B depends on A) can cause the problem? I have no idea were to look.

When will 3.0 be available aproximately?

Upvote 0