Again about how to earn

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
[Sorry, I did not find the old thread]

How many sw AND apps like Candy Crush were developed before it? I suppose hundreds.

How many similar apps have 100,000,000-500,000,000 installations? I suppose none.

Are these "low quality" apps ? I don't think so.

So, an important factor, in my opinion, is advertising (it affects at least 50%, I think).

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know which was the first candy crush like game but it goes back to the late 90s or early 00s I guess.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, but these companies have bugets for marketing that are bigger than what most people earn in a decade.

I even saw a commercial on belgian TV a few time for one of the games from King. Who can afford that as indie dev?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes, but these companies have bugets for marketing that are bigger than what most people earn in a decade.

I even saw a commercial on belgian TV a few time for one of the games from King. Who can afford that as indie dev?

You are right; I saw Messi as testimonial :D.

Your earnings will be proportional to how much you spend on advertising (if advertise will be made in the right manner and places).

Of course, if you can advertise on television, you would reach many more people rather than putting it on a little known site.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
indeed, Luca.

you might reach millions in a few seconds. and if only a portion of them install the app they might start earning enough again to get out of that marketing cost.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, for my next app (which will be my first app published :)) Madonna will be the television testimonial, playing and enjoying it more than having sex :D

I will ask for a small loan to the... Bank of Italy :D

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know about the sharing stuff. I never used the share nor ever received one for a mobile game.

Only these annoying ones on facebook that I never follow.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you are right that candy crush games exists long time ago but it was not made like candy crush..

the graphics are really great... after your app got popular and you have lot of downloads (also without any advertisement) then its pretty easy for you to invest in advertising, so i don't think they invest from the beginning, i think after a while they did good money from the first "boom" and then they could effort it

whatsapp got more the billion downloads and they have not put 1$ for advertising... i guess also indi devs can make big money if they got a winner they can advertise also there other not popular apps on the big winner apps and got also downloads from there...

take for example KETCHAPP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Ketchapp

every new app from they is a big winner because they advertise it on there big apps, if you have their games you will always see advertising from new games, they even have not to spend money on advertising they use there own apps, its like a snowball...

you just need that only 1 million downloads app, after that "with smart advertising" you can leave pretty good from it...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are lucky and your game got from the beginning a good start then google will do the rest.

Btw put a share button in your apps, many people use it...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Start with advertising on Google is a great start.

i tried it and result was very very poor, i spent about 100$ and got maybe 25 installs...
you pay for every click but lot of guys click and dont install your app so google adsense is weak :D

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried it and got a very poor result maybe for others its a good investment but i had bad experience with admob...