Wish Allow overriding global paths in source

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Specifically, I'd like to be able to override the Additional Libraries value, perhaps by doing this:

B4X:
#AdditionalLibraries: path-goes-here

I've posted another wish on this theme way back, which I liked a lot more, but that didn't seem to get any traction so I'm trying this solution instead. :)

This need re-surfaced for me as I recently tried out a bunch of libraries from the forum, and as I didn't want to clutter my ordinary Additional Libraries, I created a temporary directory and stored all libs to test there. Now, a week later, I opened my Real Project, and got lots of errors because of missing libraries. It wasn't overly difficult to find the problem, but it once again highlighted that I can't really create a situation where things are so self contained that I can easily switch between projects without having to change global IDE settings.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
why? There is no need for it. Only the marked library gets compiled into the app.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
why? There is no need for it. Only the marked library gets compiled into the app.

I can only assume that your home and computer desk is filled with all kinds of clutter. That's fine, you're grown up so you get to decide how you like your stuff. I'm not like that, I like to keep things in order, tidy without clutter or unnecessary things.

If you had clicked the link you could have read my reasoning, but I'll summarize the essential parts here for you:
  • when checking in my project using git it would be super helpful if the exact libraries I've used was included
  • it would be simple to try out libraries from the forum without adding clutter to the Additional Libraries folder
Basically it comes down to being able to keep a tidy project with only the essentials.