Almost in profit area

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratz,

I guess that's what everyone wants, recover the costs of the hardware/license(s).

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
very nice,

i dont understand why but my last year with b4i was awful, i developed 11 apps in that year and this is what i have done:

ios.png

i did 13.46$ 8.72$ in 1 year and from ads 29.42$ so together 42.88$ 38.14$

Investment:

Mac mini: 499$
B4i License: 99$
Apple License: 99$
Graphics: ~50$

Sum: 38.14$ - 747$ = -708.86$ (2015)

and last week i renew my apple account so another 99$

so -800$ :(, what am i doing wrong???

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ilan,

that is my current status. :)

I have but slow enough! The fees + taxes are more than what I get. :mad:
Maybe I should sell the apps themselves, without Apple and Google. :cool:
I earn the most money with the App CMM-Ultra.

But I think that with games is much more difficult to make money.
View attachment 38037

your apps are really expensive, 55$ for CMM-Ultra and people buy it?? i am scared to ask for 1.99$ because i think people wont pay more then 0.99 but i see they do

i have not only games i have few apps too but i dont sell them they are for free with ads, maybe i should remove ads and try to sell them?

its to frustrating :(

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan , if somebody wants your app he will buy it. dont afraid to pup low prices. for example when i did my first app which is my biggest winner now,which is a speedometer i p ut it on 0.99 and all the apps was around this price. But then i increaed it to 1.99 and quantity sold by month did not change.
your apps are really expensive, 55$ for CMM-Ultra and people buy it?? i am scared to ask for 1.99$ because i think people wont pay more then 0.99 but i see they do

i have not only games i have few apps too but i dont sell them they are for free with ads, maybe i should remove ads and try to sell them?

its to frustrating :(

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan , if somebody wants your app he will buy it. dont afraid to pup low prices. for example when i did my first app which is my biggest winner now,which is a speedometer i p ut it on 0.99 and all the apps was around this price. But then i increaed it to 1.99 and quantity sold by month did not change.

there is no big difference between 0.99 and 1.99 but charge 55$ and get sells ... RESPECT!

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had started 3 years ago with 5Euro, today there are at Android 45Euro and at Apple 55Euro.
Such as my app, but not as good ;), are even sold with 99Euro.

I sold my app for just $1.99 on Google Play but they buy then refund after copy the apk file. I can't understand.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I sold my app for just $1.99 on Google Play but they buy then refund after copy the apk file. I can't understand.

no respect for hard work, you sell an app for less then a pepsi and people refund or say why is it sooooo expensive (1.99$).
i dont get it...

we need to find clients and make apps for companies, this is our only chance to get paid for hard work.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan, do you remember the conversation about publishing app on Apple Store? You convinced me and I believed I can earn some money. Unfortunately, it's almost a year and I only earned $4 in total. It's very very poor profit compare to my Android apps. My Apple developer account will expire this month and I don't think about renew it.

For me, there's only one way to earn money now: Making app for Android and publish it directly through my website.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ilan, do you remember the conversation about publishing app on Apple Store? You convinced me and I believed I can earn some money. Unfortunately, it's almost a year and I only earned $4 in total. It's very very poor profit compare to my Android apps. My Apple developer account will expire this month and I don't think about renew it.

For me, there's only one way to earn money now: Making app for Android and publish it directly through my website.

i still believe i can make money and you either, the proof is that people are making money with ios like tufan and filippo
so we need to understand what are our mistakes and keep trying. never give up. i dont care that i am -800$ in ios because
i like doing what i am doing and i believe one day i will make the 1 milion app.

sorry if i convinced you making wrong decisions, i just recommend people the same things i would do by myself ...

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your games are so good. but dont forget that the games are really hard to be foundin appstore or google play because there are millions of games. I couldnt succeed in games actually, only one of my games which is not actually a game but a text based simulation makes a decent money. MArketing is so important and marketing means spending about 5000$ if you believe in your game of course to make it to top 100 for some time and if you are lucky it will go up by itself from that point ( i am talking about advertisingin just 1 country )
i still believe i can make money and you either, the proof is that people are making money with ios like tufan and filippo
so we need to understand what are our mistakes and keep trying. never give up. i dont care that i am -800$ in ios because
i like doing what i am doing and i believe one day i will make the 1 milion app.

sorry if i convinced you making wrong decisions, i just recommend people the same things i would do by myself ...