An idea for "rotating" a panel...

raytronixsystems

Licensed User
Longtime User
Havig seen no examples up here for rotating a Panel I have come up with a simple idea to accomplish the task. I don't really know if it will work but conceptually it seems like a viable proposition. I plan to try this out soon as soon as I get a little spare time.

Here is my idea:

1. Create "front" and "rear" panels to be rotated.(dimensions of both panels must be identical)
2 populate them with all views
3, Display the "front" of the panel to be rotated
4. store the dimensions and locations of this panel for later.
5. perform an internal screen capture of the panel that is displayed (code is available up here on the forum). This converts the panel to a bitmap.
6. create an imageview with the exact dimensions and screen coordinates of the original panel. Trim away all elements of the screenshot except the panel
7. hide the original Panel.
8. Display the trimmed captured screen capture of the panel in the same location as the original panel.
9. Use a library such as ICOSFlip3DView or others to perform a 3D rotation of the captured image. Flip it horizontally or vertically.
10. When done rotating,hide the imageview and restore the original front or rear panel panel at the imageview's coordinates.

OK, here it is... comments/suggestions are welcome.

Regards
Ray