Android Question Analog sticks on android gamepad tablet

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by wexican, Apr 17, 2014.

1. wexican

wexican Member Licensed User

Hi All,

I recently purchased an iPega PG-9700 RK3188 1.6GHz 7 inch Tablet PC GamePad on ebay from china, it runs Android 4.2.2 with a quadcore processor & 2GB of ram, usb OTG socket & wifi. So the specs are fairly good, it comes with 2 real(not graphic) analog joysticks & a raft of buttons on the pad. I want to write b4a software to be able to control various different devices from the gamepad which includes sending the analog sticks values to a remote device across wifi.
    My question is how do I read the analog sticks positional values & the extra buttons status? is there a library or function to do this? Also the gamepad has 2 analog triggers on the front(L+R), how can I read the analog values of these also?

If anybody has got any experience or advice on the above it would be much appreciated.
    I've added a small thumbnail below of the device.

Thanks

Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Have you checked whether they raise the Activity_KeyPress event?

Code:
    Sub Activity_KeyPress (KeyCode As Int) As Boolean 'Return True to consume the event
       Log(KeyCode)

Return False;
    End Sub

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice