Android Question android 4.4.4 and the default video recording lib (audio)

Robert Grimmett

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a 4.4.4 question about the default video recording.. I have already gone through and adjusted my sd card locations and made sure the file/directories are correct. I can save an image using the ezcamera lib and I can write the database file to the directory, however I cannot get the default video recording lib to save to that folder.. actually to save to any folder internal or external unless I use the app alone. the only thing I haven't tried yet is to attempt to save to that applications' folder(once I find it.) and copying the file from there to the folder I need it in. the app ran great on my other phones/tablets until we were forced to move to the note 4. any ideas?

Robert Grimmett

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a 4.4.4 question about the default video recording.. I have already gone through and adjusted my sd card locations and made sure the file/directories are correct. I can save an image using the ezcamera lib and I can write the database file to the directory, however I cannot get the default video recording lib to save to that folder.. actually to save to any folder internal or external unless I use the app alone. the only thing I haven't tried yet is to attempt to save to that applications' folder(once I find it.) and copying the file from there to the folder I need it in. the app ran great on my other phones/tablets until we were forced to move to the note 4. any ideas?

For others that might have this same problem, I have had to ignore the success variable on the recordcomplete and created my own check and move routine. it seems to be storing the video in the root folder (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.tct.vidtest/files) and not in the dated folder (/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.tct.vidtest/files/03182015) as the ezcamera lib does.

Upvote 0