Android Question Android 4.4 KitKat and SMS (again..)

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
my app make use of some incoming SMS for certains functions. To make it compatible with Android 4.4 KitKat, I did the needed modifications:

1) I force the user to set my app as default SMS app
2) I have implemented the dinamic receiver to intercep all incoming SMS, then I store them in a db.
3) I have written an activity inside my app, to show all received SMS in a customListView
4) If my app is running, there is a button to open the above activity and see all SMS
5) if my app is not running, anyway the dinamic receiver intercept incoming SMS and show a notification
6) Clicking on the notification, the proper activity of my app is opened to show the SMS

Everythink works, but: if my app is not running and the user want to have a look to all SMS, he has to open my app and then click the proper button, but it's not very nice, would be better to have a separate icon.
Do I have to write a second app that just open the database and show the SMS ? But I'm thinking that this second app would not be the default SMS app and may fail to send SMS (I want to implement also the graphics to send SMS, not only read).

I'm a bit confused. Damned KitKat ...
Any ideas ?
Marco

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe this is of help?

Upvote 0

marcick

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe ?
DonManfred, this appear to definitely be the solution to my problems !
Thanks a lot.

Upvote 0