Android Question Android Emulator for MacOS 📱💻

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1607685056520.png

I used to develop B4X using a PC. Now, I want to develop B4X using a MacBook only.
I tried NoxAppPlayer, I can't configure it to connect to the local network. BlueStacks doesn't look like Android Phone size. I skip Genymotion since it requires registration.
What do you guys use? Any recommendation?

Shelby

Licensed User
I also found in the last few days, since I'm taking an SQLite tutorial class, that to my surprise the Android Studio emulator is successfully available for my use. I'm not sure how it might work for you Aeric, since I'm a Windows 10 user.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Alright, I am going to install Android Studio for Mac now. I don’t have much mobile data left since working from home I almost use up all my data. Just bought 30GB additional data. Hope it is enough to download the software, system image and updates until 21st of Dec.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Yes, I have (along with many others) had no success with the Windows 10 B4A emulator for over a year now I think. Most posts concerning that B4A emulator, if not all of them, have ended up having no workaround for their use. Erel has agreed with this assessment. As I mentioned, I'm not sure of Mac machines.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
I also didn't have problems with some previous versions of windows. I think there have been other problems with the B4A emulator functioning; not just windows related scenarios.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have Android Emulator running in Mac OS but unable to figure out the networking.
So, I am giving up for now. I will try to revisit or find other solutions in the future. So, the best way now is using another PC to run Android Emulator when develop with B4A.

Upvote 0