Android Question Android Internal Testing

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am preparing the first version of my app on Google Play which is an internal test version.

I have filled in all the appropriate fields and successfully rolled out the release. Also added four testers, including myself.

I have enabled internal app sharing by tapping the play store version 7 times.

But how do I and the testers see the app on the play store page? Manually entering the play store url gives an "not found" error.

As far as I understand it, internal testing is not subject to Google's review. Is that correct?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
as far as i remember you need to invite the testers into a betagroup.
when they receive the invitation they got an url which they must open. Here they can accept the betatest.

I´m not sure about the exact steps. I only did it once in 2013....

Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have already created a list of internal testers. I have included myself. But I have not got any emails.

BTW, internal test is not a beta, not even an alpha. It is the stage before alpha.

Upvote 0

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User
you should send them the opt-in URL
Step 3: Share your opt-in URL with users
After you create a test, you'll get a URL link to your app to share with your testers.
  • The opt-in link only shows when an app is "Published." Apps in "Draft" or "Pending publication" won't show the opt-in link.
  • After clicking the opt-in link, your testers will get an explanation of what it means to be a tester and a link to opt in. Each tester needs to opt in using the link.
  • If you're running a closed test with a Google Group or Google+ Community, users need to join the group or community before opting in to your test.

As far as I understand it, internal testing is not subject to Google's review. Is that correct?
That's right,they can only give a private feedback

Upvote 0

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User
-Open google play console
-Select your app
-From the left select "Release management"
-Select "App releases"
-"Internal test" > Press "Manage"
-Then find the "Opt-in URL"

Upvote 0

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. My Opt-in URL says "An opt-in link will be available here when you publish your app."

The phrase sounds as if I am missing a step (publishing the app). Though I can't see how I can do this.

Perhaps Google is just unclear (like they are so many times)

Upvote 0

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks. My Opt-in URL says "An opt-in link will be available here when you publish your app."

The phrase sounds as if I am missing a step (publishing the app). Though I can't see how I can do this.

Perhaps Google is just unclear (like they are so many times)

check the first and second answer here

Upvote 0