[Announcement] Basic4android v1.1 is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Version 1.1 was released today.
All licensed users should receive an email with upgrade instructions. It can take up to 24 hours.

The new version contains many bug fixes and many new features.
Since the release of version 1.0 there were many new libraries. This version includes all the new and updated official libraries.

Major new features (not including new features added previously with the new libraries):
- Select Case block.
- New views: WebView and ProgressBar. WebView is a really powerful view. It uses the internal browser engine to display html. You can use it to display online pages or offline pages.
- Internal support for handling results from external activities (onActivityResult).
- Using the above feature, two new objects: VoiceRecognition and ContentChooser. Both are included in the Phone library.
- Designer color dialog changed and it now includes a text description.
- Support for installing applications to the SD card. This is available in Projects - Can Install To External Storage. This feature is only relevant for Android 2.2 and above. It will be ignored when installing to other versions.
- Button_Down and Button_Up events added.
- Option to override AndroidManifest.xml created by Basic4android. This is done by changing the file located under Objects folder to read-only.

Edit: Users who previously updated any official library by putting it in the "additional libraries path" should do one of the following:
- Delete all the official libraries from the additional libraries path.
- Copy all files from the internal libraries folder to the additional libraries folder. The internal folder is usually located in: C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries

Otherwise the old libraries will be used.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great news! Do I need to uninstall B4A 1.0 before install 1.1?

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Designer color dialog changed and it now includes a text description
For anyone who hasn't found it Web colors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is a useful reference to colour values. I have attached a saved edited version of just the colour table that I find very useful on occasion. The colour names are the same as in the new IDE Designer dialog (funny that :confused:) and the table contains the RGB values for each colour.

Attachments

• Web and DotNET colors.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Download issue

Version 1.1 was released today.
All licensed users should receive an email with upgrade instructions. It can take up to 24 hours.

It is not accepting my user name and password as stated in the email I just got. :sign0085:

Upvote 0

CidTek

Licensed User
Longtime User
Make sure that you are not copying any extra space (there should be no spaces at all).
If it doesn't work, try to access the link with a different browser.

If it still doesn't work, please contact [email protected].

It worked on my XP desktop (IE8) but doesn't want to work on my Dev machine Win7. Anyway I just used sneaker net and a mem stick to get it over.

Upvote 0

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When i compile with 1.1, I get the following error:

Compiling code. 0.00
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. 0.56
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 0.33
Packaging files. Error
AndroidManifest.xml:2: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'installLocation' in package 'android'

I did overwrite the exiting installation folder. It is a project created in the 1.0 version. Do I need to set some additional parameter 'installLocation'?

Upvote 0

etLux

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm getting exactly the same error...

Compiling code. 0.01
Generating R file. 0.01
Compiling generated Java code. 0.64
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 0.42
Packaging files. Error
AndroidManifest.xml:2: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'installLocation' in package 'android'

This was installed over the prior version.

Win7x64

Best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski
The Music of David Sosnowski

Apparently the platform version I was using was too early.

Changing from this:

C:\Android SDK\platforms\android-7\android.jar

to this:

C:\Android SDK\platforms\android-8\android.jar

rectified the problem.

~

Is there a chart somewhere of what SDK platform corresponds to which Android version?

Edit:

Here's a chart...

http://www.b4x.com/forum/basic4android-updates-questions/7291-android-versions-penetration.html

Best,

David
-----
David Sosnowski
The Music of David Sosnowski

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Why do we get the error as stated above? I'm just curious as to whats the relation in using a previous sdk against a newer one for B4A 1.1?

Note, I am also getting the error as etLux above.

Upvote 0

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome new features! Everything is working just fine!
Thanks so much and congratulations on a fantastic update!

Upvote 0

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent

Nice new stuff. That means with the intent stuff we can now for example start the barcode scanner and catch the result?

Web view is also a great addition!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
When i compile with 1.1, I get the following error:

Compiling code. 0.00
Generating R file. 0.00
Compiling generated Java code. 0.56
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 0.33
Packaging files. Error

I did overwrite the exiting installation folder. It is a project created in the 1.0 version. Do I need to set some additional parameter 'installLocation'?

You should install API level 8 and configure Tools - Configure Paths to use the level 8 android.jar file.

The reason is that older version compilers do not support the SD card installation attribute. This doesn't mean that your program will not work on older devices. Level 8 is only required during compilation.

Upvote 0

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should install API level 8 and configure Tools - Configure Paths to use the level 8 android.jar file.

The reason is that older version compilers do not support the SD card installation attribute. This doesn't mean that your program will not work on older devices. Level 8 is only required during compilation.

clear explanation there... understood.... thanks...

Upvote 0

gjoisa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice work . Installed and worked today . Please attach help files (language reference) also in future versions .

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will the Select/Case block accept nesting then in the future ?
I am using also nested Select/Case blocks.
Took me a while to find out why only the first Case was entered.

Do the coloc characters ":" , in the help file at the end of the Case lines , have a signification ?
Select value
Case1:
Log(
"One")
Case2, 4, 6, 8:
Log(
"Even")
Case3, 5, 7, 9:
Log(
"Odd larger than one")
CaseElse
Log("Larger than 9")