B4A Library Another customised version of JRDC2.

Discussion in 'Additional libraries, classes and official updates' started by tigrot, Oct 17, 2016.

1. tigrot

tigrot Well-Known Member Licensed User

Hi Everybody,
    this JRDC2 version contains a file transfer (took from comunity, but merged into JRDC2) + a small, but very useful addition consisting in the capability to send SQL text directly in the comand instead of hard coding in config file. If the name starts with "#" it consists in the text of SQL otherwise it is the sql. entry name.
    A single line addition in JRD2 did the trick.
    For example:
    #select * from archive is directly the text of SQL
    select recalls sql.select entry

Upload/download works as described in https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...p-to-your-b4j-server-over-the-internet.37201/

The JRD2 actually works with an ACCESS DB, since it must work with a procedure written in 2000 by us.

Attached Files:

2. inakigarm

inakigarm Well-Known Member Licensed User

Will try, thanks !

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Note that you should only use the raw SQL text feature in trusted environments. Otherwise a hacker can easily ruin your database.

4. tigrot

In my case db is on local lan, with a firewall filtering incoming requests. Of course hackers are just round the corner, so everybody must take his own countermeasures to void this. I think that a publicly accessible DB engine is always weak. Using different port than the default(like I do with Remote Desktop on my hosted servers, which is bombed by hackers at least 3000 times a day), confuses them. They know something il listening, but what is it?

5. tigrot

You are welcome. In Italy we say "prego!".

6. inakigarm

inakigarm Well-Known Member Licensed User

Prego ! ;)

7. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

With RDC the database is not publicly accessible. Only RDC is publicly accessible and it is restricted to the preset commands.

8. tigrot

Be very careful to use in a strictly controlled environment, as Erel noted.

inakigarm likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice