Any App Ideas? free sources :)

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Years ago I wrote an app, it's on Google Play, called Deaf Pad (I also have Deaf Pad Free on Google Play) that does text transcription of speech using the Google API and optionally translation of the speech using a Google translation API (however the version of translation I use no longer works reliably).

I now use Google's Accessibility Live Caption feature (I think it's available for Android 9+, definitely available for Android 10+). This translates audio playing on the phone (from videos, etc. at least for English and they are expanding to other languages). I'm sure translation will follow soon.

Android has an accessibility feature called Live Transcribe on newer versions of Android which is similar to my Deaf Pad.

I don't know if many people know this; the Chrome browser will also transcribe audio using Live Caption (at least for English on a Windows PC). To enable this you need to set two settings, one in Flags and one in Settings-Accessibility. Do a Google search to find out exactly how. I'm sure translation as well as other languages will be available soon.

- Added later -

You can also download Live Transcribe as an app from Google Play. This will work on older versions of Android. I believe the Live Transcribe app is also available for the iPhone in the App Store.

Barry.

Last edited:

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think What @LucaMs wants is not an Android App because he wants to record tutorial videos which means he will use the computer to record the video then use a software to translate the audio in a form of srt by choosing the language then include the srt in the video.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
good afternoon, I always rely on my work, I'd like a nice kiosk, in b4a mode, where you can't exit the app without any password, and disable all android buttons, physical and virtual, then the kiosk connects to a server b4j rdc, and reading a sql table, scrolls the images dedicated to him, by date, by department, i.e. kiosk 1 could display images other than kiosk 2, and the images must have animations like Powerpoint

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
good afternoon, I always rely on my work, I'd like a nice kiosk, in b4a mode, where you can't exit the app without any password, and disable all android buttons, physical and virtual, then the kiosk connects to a server b4j rdc, and reading a sql table, scrolls the images dedicated to him, by date, by department, i.e. kiosk 1 could display images other than kiosk 2, and the images must have animations like Powerpoint
True Kiosk mode is not allowed anymore by Google, and it may even be considered illegal (device hijacking)... the must always be an option to exit to "normal" operation...
Just beware of this...

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
I understand, but if you create a kiosk, for use by people, often the guys using the buttons or scrolling notifications, exit the main program, and therefore the kiosk function is canceled, and this must not be possible

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Assuming what Cableguy said is correct (and I imagine it is), you should say that to Google, not the forum.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I understand, but if you create a kiosk, for use by people, often the guys using the buttons or scrolling notifications, exit the main program, and therefore the kiosk function is canceled, and this must not be possible
Assuming what Cableguy said is correct (and I imagine it is), you should say that to Google, not the forum.

A did a quick search for "Kiosk mode Google's guidelines", and it seems that kiosk mode IS possible, but only recommend to be implemented in "Company Owned Devices", were the personal rights of usage do not apply...
Bottom line, kiosk mode should only be deployed to single usage devices.
The alternative to this, and to target a larger audience, is the custom Launcher apps that act as a single entry point, and may restrict access to the device settings... but then again... one enters the device hijaking...

Last edited:

AbdurRahman

Hi @sfsameer,
I really appreciate your ability to make your clients always satisfied.

I have idea for you. There is something I'm sure you wouldn't have coded or even touched before but its still in great demand.
Did you ever heard of video copy protection software ?

Due to corona virus, most teaching staff have been shifted toward online system. Some teachers create video courses and want to share them only to semester students. So this software will help them to prevent illegal video distribution.
Not just courses, I guess Netflix also do this.

Some known features are:
- encrypted video
- anti-screen capture/recording
- anti-hdmi (desktop)
- anti-(disabled aero theme) (windows)
- anti-mirroring (android)
- hardware id based software
- anti-analyses (anti-debugger, anti-vm, anti-sandbox etc)
and so on ...

My prayers are with you. I wish to see you keep going with more better speed. ❤

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @sfsameer,
I really appreciate your ability to make your clients always satisfied.

I have idea for you. There is something I'm sure you wouldn't have coded or even touched before but its still in great demand.
Did you ever heard of video copy protection software ?

Due to corona virus, most teaching staff have been shifted toward online system. Some teachers create video courses and want to share them only to semester students. So this software will help them to prevent illegal video distribution.
Not just courses, I guess Netflix also do this.

Some known features are:
- encrypted video
- anti-screen capture/recording
- anti-hdmi (desktop)
- anti-(disabled aero theme) (windows)
- anti-mirroring (android)
- hardware id based software
- anti-analyses (anti-debugger, anti-vm, anti-sandbox etc)
and so on ...

My prayers are with you. I wish to see you keep going with more better speed. ❤
Great idea!

We have added to the list of projects to be released, once we reach this project in our schedule we will contact you via PM here :)

Thank you,
Saif

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The social media apps are not very popular among developers, why is that?
I've been working on social media apps since 2016 and since then I've had a lot of hurdles to overcome, especially with B4I and registration/login, login token etc..

I mean as soon as an app has a backend where users can store something, you need a secure login system. Wouldn't be so bad if you do this as a project. That would certainly break the barriers for many to start with B4X. Because I personally am still afraid when I have to do something with backend (login system).

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been working on social media apps since 2016 and since then I've had a lot of hurdles to overcome, especially with B4I and registration/login, login token etc..

I mean as soon as an app has a backend where users can store something, you need a secure login system. Wouldn't be so bad if you do this as a project. That would certainly break the barriers for many to start with B4X. Because I personally am still afraid when I have to do something with backend (login system).
What is the progress? You may want to look for other developers to join you. By the way, have you checked out pleroma example?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User

We are developing the most advanced and powerful system ever built and in it there is a very large social media platform combining Facebook, Twitter, snapshot, tiktok, etc...

We wanted to offer the project for sale but we were contacted by 3 different dear clients of ours who wish to partnership and purchase the exclusive licenses so unfortunately we won't be able to offer this amazing system for sale.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
They have an interesting concept where you can provide remote support via AR (augmented reality), circling things that the customer points at with the camera.
Maybe this is interesting for you.
1621583816516.png

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
@sfsameer one idea I would be interested in seeing would be a buy, sell and swap website.

So not an auction site but a simple website where people can list/buy items but also do swaps - eg User 1 swaps item A for User 2s item B & item C (if they agree they are of equal value). The problem with FB marketplace is there is no feedback loop for user rating/reputation so it is hard to trust random users.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
All of the above ideas are great !
we will start developing them starting from next month (June) and we will keep this post updated :)

Thank you all for your amazing ideas and we will contact everyone once we start with their projects :)

Thank you,
Saif

atiaust

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Saif,

Do you have an inventory system available preferably using Mysql as the database.

Thanks

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
oh my good, the "holy grail" just what I've always been looking for, fantastic Saif, a great new project.