Any App Ideas? free sources :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Dear,

We have been working on a really great project in the past and in about 24 hours we are releasing this amazing project (B4J Web App) which you can manage Stocks, Sells, Taxes , Customers, Payments, Invoices, etc...

View attachment 113998
View attachment 114000
It's been released :)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have this idea of making an app in B4A using Google Drive.

It is for Apartment (Housing building) collection and expenses, with due list, defaulters, high expenses etc.
The app has two settings for 'Accountant' and 'Members'

In Accountant setting the inputs are done in B4A app and saved in sqlite and csv/json is generated and saved in GDrive as a zip file.
In Member setting the csv/json zip file is downloaded from GDrive and presented all reports, views etc. with search facility.

No two way communication of data here. Members can send WhatsApp or make call to Accountant or other members. Only Accountant can update the database.

Now the zip file in GDrive needs to be shared (public / or each members email) and that shared link added in each member app setting. This can be done manually by Accountant and link shared.

In this pandemic time most people income has reduced and maintaining a server cost is very difficult, at least in India. (One of my friend of another Forum had to ask for help the cost of server). So I was thinking more on the line of using GDrive as free server, where the data flow in one directional and small.

Note : only Android B4A here as many members do not have computers.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have this idea of making an app in B4A using Google Drive.

It is for Apartment (Housing building) collection and expenses, with due list, defaulters, high expenses etc.
The app has two settings for 'Accountant' and 'Members'

In Accountant setting the inputs are done in B4A app and saved in sqlite and csv/json is generated and saved in GDrive as a zip file.
In Member setting the csv/json zip file is downloaded from GDrive and presented all reports, views etc. with search facility.

No two way communication of data here. Members can send WhatsApp or make call to Accountant or other members. Only Accountant can update the database.

Now the zip file in GDrive needs to be shared (public / or each members email) and that shared link added in each member app setting. This can be done manually by Accountant and link shared.

In this pandemic time most people income has reduced and maintaining a server cost is very difficult, at least in India. (One of my friend of another Forum had to ask for help the cost of server). So I was thinking more on the line of using GDrive as free server, where the data flow in one directional and small.

Note : only Android B4A here as many members do not have computers.
Do you mean a rental tracker?
A few years ago I created a very basic My Tenant app. That time I am not good in B4A, PHP and JSON. I updated it once and it has been abandoned till now. I don’t use GDrive but MySQL database in a shared hosting.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you mean a rental tracker?
A few years ago I created a very basic My Tenant app. That time I am not good in B4A, PHP and JSON. I updated it once and it has been abandoned till now. I don’t use GDrive but MySQL database in a shared hosting.
Not in that sense. Let me give some background.

An apartment society has rule for each member to be accountant for one year.
Members are not 'programmers' or have any iota of programming.
Members know Whatsapp, Facebook uses at most, and any app which is similar.

Accountant has to collect monthly cash subscription and give receipt.
He/she has to maintain due list
Pay expenses for cleaning, repair etc. as and when required
Has to maintain expenses list.
At the end of the year, has to give collection and expenses statement with fund balance, for next member to start with.

Keeping or maintaining a server is like overkill for them both from point of view of data and knowledge.

But each members wants to know the status of his/her due and also where the funds are going.
So I was thinking of an app which will help Accountant to maintain all records in his/her phone itself.
The app will create a zip file of data and put in user's G Drive folder, periodically.

Here, I think the app can not automatically create a shared link of the the zip file, so I was planning to manually guide /help here.

The same app with members, put this shared link and it shows various reports/ statements from the zip file data.

Looks simple, but I have not being able to do it till now. So I thought requesting Saif is best option than forgetting it :)

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Keeping or maintaining a server is like overkill for them both from point of view of data and knowledge.
Manage the server yourself and give them an app to read data and one for the yearly manager for his/her duties.
Sell it as a Sass (software as a service). Each member pays an yearly fee (eventually as part of their apartments expences) and the manager in charge pays you (so you need just one invoice).
Then look for another similar group...well, you know what comes next. :)

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Each member pays an yearly fee (eventually as part of their apartments expences) and the manager in charge pays you (so you need just one invoice).

So, I am trying to help members with coming up a simple and free solution, if possible.

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @sfsameer . I've seen your team is doing now web apps with B4J, and that's great.
Maybe you can try to make some web maker database driven. (like some php generator apps), althouht I think it's a very ambitious project... but... I've seen most of your projects are.
I will try to explain it...
- You have a B4J app, where you enter your database parameters, and the app reads all the tables in your database.
- Then you choose for every table what want to do: add, delete, insert... or not to show it.
- You can set some relations between tables
- You chose some kind of theme or color scheme...
- Then automatically generate a CRUD web for that database
- More advanced features could be choose a users table to make login, table permissions based in users, etc...

It's amazing the things you're doing with B4X¡¡¡

cristian petersen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @sfsameer . I've seen your team is doing now web apps with B4J, and that's great.
Maybe you can try to make some web maker database driven. (like some php generator apps), althouht I think it's a very ambitious project... but... I've seen most of your projects are.
I will try to explain it...
- You have a B4J app, where you enter your database parameters, and the app reads all the tables in your database.
- Then you choose for every table what want to do: add, delete, insert... or not to show it.
- You can set some relations between tables
- You chose some kind of theme or color scheme...
- Then automatically generate a CRUD web for that database
- More advanced features could be choose a users table to make login, table permissions based in users, etc...

It's amazing the things you're doing with B4X¡¡¡

Yes!! Something like PhpMaker, PhpRunner or ScriptCase. These are examplesof what Jose is describing.

swamisantosh

Licensed User
Longtime User
we already developed it long time ago and we already have a plan to release the source code next week :)
don't worry we will send you the source for FREE :)

The app is made in :
1- B4A project
2- Asp.net back-end
3- Microsoft SQL Database
4- Sqlite Dtabase
5- Asp.net Web Service
even i'm interested., hope you consider,

MarrowZero

Licensed User
Email marketing (clone of phplist)
B4J

Templates for message
Type the body, insert images
%firstname%
%lastname%
Style "magic words"
Send to group of email address
Tracking
Optout list/interface (Web page)
Bounce control, auto blacklist
Blacklist/never send
Throttle speed of email sending
Basic stats on % opened, clicked on link etc

Can be used to let customers know of new products
Can be used to notify customers of server maintenance
Customer monthly newletter
Notice that updated software available

Get the idea?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Email marketing (clone of phplist)
B4J

Templates for message
Type the body, insert images
%firstname%
%lastname%
Style "magic words"
Send to group of email address
Tracking
Optout list/interface (Web page)
Bounce control, auto blacklist
Blacklist/never send
Throttle speed of email sending
Basic stats on % opened, clicked on link etc

Can be used to let customers know of new products
Can be used to notify customers of server maintenance
Customer monthly newletter
Notice that updated software available

Get the idea?
Hello,

We have already finished a service which enables you to create a whole website and email newsletter using a drag and drop :

But we had to delay it because we have open projects we need to release within this week.

As for the statistics and sending emails, it's easy to implement, so once the above service is released we will announce an extra service which is exactly like sendinblue.com or mailchimp.com :)

Thank you,
Saif

MarrowZero

Licensed User
announce an extra service which is exactly like sendinblue.com or mailchimp.com :)

I could buy access to mail chimp or others, however what interests me in owning the source and tailoring the code to my needs. I'm not interested in reselling a service, but to use in my own business.
I'm sure you'd make good money from a service, but that's not really my interest here.

Maybe a sub-set of your own service would be available as code to buy?

Thanks

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I could buy access to mail chimp or others, however what interests me in owning the source and tailoring the code to my needs. I'm not interested in reselling a service, but to use in my own business.
I'm sure you'd make good money from a service, but that's not really my interest here.

Maybe a sub-set of your own service would be available as code to buy?

Thanks
Consider it done.

We will announce the Sending, Tracking and Importing existing HTML code part very soon :)