Any App Ideas? free sources :)

MarrowZero

Licensed User
Delivery of apps within a business
B4A OwnStore

Enterprise customer with 25 android phones
We make some useful apps
We do not want to use Google enterprise features to deliver apps or rely on users installing from email

We install app1 which is essentially an app store (maybe it has some basic device usage info and tracking built in, also the tva project for remote control)

Using this app1 we can send app2, app3, app4 etc
We can push updates to our own apps

Can you do that?

I've looked at commercial systems such as good and mobile iron but never impressed enough to purchase. It's been some years since I last thought about this, so maybe I missed something or others know how to solve.

Controlling the delivery, upgrades and life cycle of android apps seems like such a mess and has put me off developing android apps (until I found b4x! Now i'm hooked)

Thanks

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Delivery of apps within a business
B4A OwnStore

Enterprise customer with 25 android phones
We make some useful apps
We do not want to use Google enterprise features to deliver apps or rely on users installing from email

We install app1 which is essentially an app store (maybe it has some basic device usage info and tracking built in, also the tva project for remote control)

Using this app1 we can send app2, app3, app4 etc
We can push updates to our own apps

Can you do that?

I've looked at commercial systems such as good and mobile iron but never impressed enough to purchase. It's been some years since I last thought about this, so maybe I missed something or others know how to solve.

Controlling the delivery, upgrades and life cycle of android apps seems like such a mess and has put me off developing android apps (until I found b4x! Now i'm hooked)

Thanks
It's in the works as been requested by the dear dear @Xfood

1624388700903.png

MarrowZero

Licensed User
Damn, @Xfood has my next idea too!

Easy way to license use of b4x apps
(for me, b4j and b4a)
Such as a 1 time license key (never expires)
License key for a time period
Limit activation times on different devices
Completely independent of google/play store

This needs to be code/library that I can use in my apps, not SaaS

Thanks

MarrowZero

Licensed User
Technical Speedtest and Network Quality Checker
Beyond what you get at speedtest.net /others ! Something technical and full of B4X goodness

B4J - Server: Webservice, SQL DB
B4J - Desktop Client
B4J - Non-ui client to be run remotely via script
B4A - Android Client (maybe as a library so can be used within B4A projects)

• Basic upload and download speedtest
  • Queue system which allows many clients to connect (Hi, I'm here and ready), but only allows a single test at a time
  • Test can be initiated from server side (if client in running, checked in but idle)
  • Log results with IP of client, time date (basic reports of speed over time)
  • Latency (loaded and unloaded in both directions)
  • Jitter
  • UDP and TCP tests
  • ICMP Ping Response
  • 1 to 8 streams in parallel using ports such as (some service providers shape/throttle different types of traffic)
  • 80 tcp, 443 tcp, 53 udp, 5060 udp, 22 tcp
  • Can specify test to run once or over a period of a few minutes and average results
  • Maybe? B4A - determine if using WiFi or Mobile data
Extension:
  • Build in MTR style report, pinging the each hop
  • If you have multiple servers, you can select which server to test against, or test against several at sametime

Particularly useful for testing quality of internet connections, especially where real-time video, voice etc is required.

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
the idea could be to have a remote network monitor, that is, imagine you have 20 stores, and for each store 25 network devices, directly from your app server you see in real time with a red dot, an off-network device.

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A database ERM tool. I use dbdiagram.io every day, privately and for business.
But monthly prices get on my nerves :D

Maybe something like this can be realized with B4X.

maddy

Licensed User
Hi @sfsameer ,

May be we can think of marketing executives tracking application. Basically the requirement is we need to track the marketing executive which are on ground went to sell products based on location , attendance management and other criterias like lead updation and customers they visited details with some pictures of their shops. It should be real time analytics with one admin application. I would be happy if you can share this application source code

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @sfsameer ,

May be we can think of marketing executives tracking application. Basically the requirement is we need to track the marketing executive which are on ground went to sell products based on location , attendance management and other criterias like lead updation and customers they visited details with some pictures of their shops. It should be real time analytics with one admin application. I would be happy if you can share this application source code
Hello Dear,

More like SalesForce correct?

If yes then it's already in development and should be ready within 2 weeks (We are changing the admin panel from asp.net to B4J Web App) :)

Thank you,
Saif

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes Correct, will it support in b4a for marketing executive side of application.
Yes the Sales side is in B4A
The admin side is currently in asp.net but we are re-developing it to B4J web app

1- Salesmen information
2- Clients information
3- Salesmen routes
4- Salesmen warehouses (If they sell physical products)
5- Live location on google maps of each salesmen
6- Performance reports
7- Salesmen Expenses
8- Sales information
9- Clients Requests : Sometimes the clients request a certain product and the salesman will enter the request in the app and the admin side will see, prepare and load the salesman warehouse with that product.
10- Clients credits history
11- Client credits limit : if the client exceeds a certain credit limit set by the admin then the salesman won't be able to sell him/her
12- Clients visits
13- etc...

The project is HUGE tbh and there are too many features available for example there is a built-in accounting system in admin side :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes the Sales side is in B4A
The admin side is currently in asp.net but we are re-developing it to B4J web app

1- Salesmen information
2- Clients information
3- Salesmen routes
4- Salesmen warehouses (If they sell physical products)
5- Live location on google maps of each salesmen
6- Performance reports
7- Salesmen Expenses
8- Sales information
9- Clients Requests : Sometimes the clients request a certain product and the salesman will enter the request in the app and the admin side will see, prepare and load the salesman warehouse with that product.
10- Clients credits history
11- Client credits limit : if the client exceeds a certain credit limit set by the admin then the salesman won't be able to sell him/her
12- Clients visits
13- etc...

The project is HUGE tbh and there are too many features available for example there is a built-in accounting system in admin side :)
It's been announced :)

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about building public forum (like B4A ) which can serve as ready to use component/tool for programmers in their future proposed apps. It should exist for B4A, B4J and web app. It may have client interfaces and server side for admin control. Image, animation, video and audio can be uploaded, but it can also be limited from server side. Live peer to peer viewing may also be there if necessary

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about building public forum (like B4A ) which can serve as ready to use component/tool for programmers in their future proposed apps. It should exist for B4A, B4J and web app. It may have client interfaces and server side for admin control. Image, animation, video and audio can be uploaded, but it can also be limited from server side. Live peer to peer viewing may also be there if necessary
Hello dear,

Social media + forums :

:)

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello dear,

Social media + forums :

:)
Ok, this is good, maybe, because I have not run it. But put pure, B4A, B4J & B4i only dedicated to forum without social media integration like b4a forum alternative will not be a bad idea

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Damn, @Xfood has my next idea too!

Easy way to license use of b4x apps
(for me, b4j and b4a)
Such as a 1 time license key (never expires)
License key for a time period
Limit activation times on different devices
Completely independent of google/play store

This needs to be code/library that I can use in my apps, not SaaS

Thanks
I support this too if it can be built like class/library or code so that one will be able to distribute apps online or offline to clients for trial period purposes and still be able to spy or control trial period from server side by admin. I acheived things like this with vb6 desktop apps, then, I was able to distribute and sell lots of copies without successful hacking recorded from those that made attempt. It was tied with hardware keys. However, if you do it at all, consider extending to b4i in addition to B4A, B4J, and that of B4J if compiled should work for Window, Linux and mac

Last edited:

cristian petersen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Online license susbcription to protect apps from being copied and used in additional devices, do enable trial for periods of time, to enforce security when susbscription ended, etc.