Any Paypal or credit card library?

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Hello

I am sorry if the question has been answered before but after searching forum , I could only find 1 library that requires a registration on zooz website.( I do not prefer this method)

I need to have some payment solution be it a library , class or any other way I can use to implement this feature.

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Any payment library will require you to register with their service.
Thank you for the reply.

Ok, Can you please advice me to the best solution ? The preferred payment methods are paypal and credit card.
And can we have paypal library?

canalrun

Licensed User
Thank you for the reply.

Ok, Can you please advice me to the best solution ? The preferred payment methods are paypal and credit card.
And can we have paypal library?
I have wondered about this also.

PayPal has a web-based (or network based) API. They have "Buy Now", "Donate", and other buttons. I suppose theoretically it should be possible to use B4A with this API to accept payments via PayPal. The PayPal API responds with "completed" or "not completed" status. I wonder how much work this interface would require?

Barry.

Last edited:

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
I have wondered about this also.

PayPal has a web-based (or network based) API. They have "Buy Now", "Donate", and other buttons. I suppose theoretically it should be possible to use B4A with this API to accept payments via PayPal. The PayPal API responds with "completed" or "not completed" status. I wonder how much work this interface would require?

Barry.
You mean we can somehow do it with network or http library?

I hope we can get it to work with B4A

Actually it is better to get directly to Paypal instead of having to register to extra service.

canalrun

Licensed User
You mean we can somehow do it with network or http library?

I hope we can get it to work with B4A

Actually it is better to get directly to Paypal instead of having to register to extra service.
Yes, I use PayPal Donate and Buy Now buttons on my website. There is very little interaction needed on my side. I can't see why this would not work coming from B4A. The only gotcha is that PayPal responds to a web address which may be unreachable on an Android device, but there must be some way to work within this scheme. PayPal also has a much more elaborate API that may also work.

I don't think it will require anything more than having a PayPal account to receive payments.

I have heard rumors that PayPal is working on or has made a mobile payment solution.

Barry.

rmgb

Licensed User
According to developer.paypal.com, they're working on an Android SDK. They list some code under a REST API.

PayPal did, however, acquire card.io, which allows you to take card payments via the mobile camera. I don't think it will be much longer before they have a working SDK or some sort of card.io-PayPal link.

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Thanks guys for replys.
But for now what do you think ? what is the best solution ?(PayPal and/or Credit Cards)

Thanks in advance

canalrun

Licensed User
Thanks guys for replys.
But for now what do you think ? what is the best solution ?(PayPal and/or Credit Cards)

Thanks in advance
I saw at developer.PayPal.com that they have a new IOS Mobile Payments Library. They said the Android version of the MPL is "coming soon".

When this library does appear it will probably need a "wrapper" to work with B4A.

Barry.

grafsoft

Licensed User
Hi,
I need a solution very quickly - in April. I do not want to develop a solution if another one already has completed the task and I can share the development costs with him/her. I would be glad to receive any offer, as private message or mail.

canalrun

Licensed User
Hi,
I need a solution very quickly - in April. I do not want to develop a solution if another one already has completed the task and I can share the development costs with him/her. I would be glad to receive any offer, as private message or mail.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong…

I believe the problem centers around the fact that an Android device is not generally reachable from the Internet and the current PayPal solutions are generally targeted toward websites.

Clicking a PayPal "Buy Now" button on a website takes you to a PayPal page leading you through the transaction. Once the transaction is complete PayPal returns to a success or fail page on your website that was passed as a parameter in the "Buy Now" button click.

For this scenario to work on a device, the device would need to be reachable from the Internet and it would need to be running a Web server. Neither of which is available.

A solution like the following would work but requires an external website: Open a webpage on the external website within the app in a WebView, complete the transaction via the external webpage, in the success or fail page store the results of the transaction in a Web server based database. When the user restarts the app, query the external database and import the results to the app.

Hopefully the PayPal Android Mobile Payments Library will provide a solution that does not require an external website.

Barry.

TomA

Licensed User
PayPal and/or Credit Card

One thing about PayPal that is convenient is that, at least interacting with a Web site, a buyer can choose to pay via their PayPal account if they have one OR via credit card without the need for them to actually have a PayPal account. If you have a PayPal account, this makes accepting PayPal AND credit cards very easy.