Android Question any view size in designer?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by ilan, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

hi

i have install now for the 4th time b4a 5.02 (every time after 10 min i downgrade to 4.3, its more comfortable for me, but i really want to use b4a 5+)

now i noticed that i cannot put in designer to a view (like panel, button) a height less then 10

i have few apps where i use a panel as a separator between 2 views and it is set to height 1 or 2

why in b4a 5+ i cannot use height less then 10??

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You can set the width and height in the properties box (this is the same as in v4.3).

3. ilan

(thanx for the quick answer :)) i did it but under 10 nothing happens to the view... size 1 is shown the same like 10...

4. Erel

The abstract designer sets the minimum size to 10. Once you select the view the abstract designer will override the previous value and it will be 10 again.

In this case it will be easier to set it in your code. Note that this is also true in v4.30 (which actually limits the minimum size to 20 in some cases).

5. ilan

Thank you erel but in b4a 4.3 i set it to 1 and its working fine, only if imove it after i set it to a small size it grows up again but if i dont move the view i set it to any size in the designer and its stay the size i choosed, no need to do it in my code.

In b4a 5 i have to do it in my code

6. Erel

Actually there is no good reason for this minimum size. It will be changed to 1 in the next update.

DonManfred, RandomCoder and ilan like this.
  7. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Well-Known Member Licensed User

I love how pragmatic you are @Erel it's what makes B4x such a fantastic product. You really do listen to what your users need. Respect! :)

Erel, DonManfred and Peter Simpson like this.