Android Question Anyone worked with CipherLab RS30, TC55 Trouch or MC67 Mobile Devices

Michael Mc

Licensed User
Longtime User
These units are Industrial Android devices with built in barcode scanners.

I would assume the everything but the barcode scanner is just normal Android stuff. But I was wonder if any has done any programming with the built in barcode scanner.

Like how to access it?

Any information would be great. Thanks!

charlesg

Licensed User
Longtime User
My (Chinese) Android barcode PDA has an option in Android setup to treat scanned code as a keyboard wedge. Just fills the textbox that has focus. Have you checked your setup? It is a lot easier than the supplied sdk and wrappers! I use this function every day.

Upvote 0

Michael Mc

Licensed User
Longtime User
My (Chinese) Android barcode PDA has an option in Android setup to treat scanned code as a keyboard wedge. Just fills the textbox that has focus. Have you checked your setup? It is a lot easier than the supplied sdk and wrappers! I use this function every day.

I don't own any devices, just doing some research on what other people are using and how.
What is the make and model of your unit?
Thanks

Upvote 0

charlesg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Speedata KT40. I have had it some time. Really tough and well-made (I gather it came out of a Foxconn factory) BUT seriously rubbish keyboard. I use software-keyboards instead. If I were to buy again, I would go for something with more screen and less keyboard. Search 'Android barcode PDA' on Aliexpress. I am pretty sure all of them will allow passing barcode data to std input.

Upvote 0