Android Question App Dead After Updating [Solved]

Shelby

Licensed User
I published an app a month ago or so. It's a calculator and on Google Play it was called "Calculator For Area Rooms & Buildings". Some weeks later I updated some of the functions of the app and I went through the process of putting a new version in the console and I used the same name but my package name, I guess it's called, is changed from package name"b4a>AreaCalc10_2" to package name "b4a.AreaCalc10_3. As you can see I only changed the name with a 3 instead of a 2 at the name end.
After a couple of weeks, I now can't get the app to work.
Here's the URL which should allow one to download the app free to all android device users: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Calculator For Area Rooms & Buildings&c=apps My question is: Why does the Google Play site have: coming soon written below the entry there on Google Play? Is the problem obvious to someone out here in the forum who can straighten my disfigured mind?
Thanks
The following print/screen image shows the apps that I have in the GooglePlay console.

Attachments

• Console_apps_3.12.20.png
    Console_apps_3.12.20.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
from package name"b4a>AreaCalc10_2" to package name "b4a.AreaCalc10_3. As you can see I only changed the name with a 3 instead of a 2 at the name end.
These are TWO DIFFERENT Apps! Each app is identified by its "unique" Packagename.

CHANGING the packagename for a Update is a BIG Mistake. You are creating a completely new App doing this.
B4X:
#Region  Project Attributes
    #ApplicationLabel: B4A Example
    #VersionCode: 1
    #VersionName:
    'SupportedOrientations possible values: unspecified, landscape or portrait.
    #SupportedOrientations: unspecified
    #CanInstallToExternalStorage: False
#End Region
You should change #VersionCode and #VersionName instead.

VersionCode of new version must be higher than VersionCode of old Version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Thanks you two,
Now hopefully I get it. I'll try to just work on changing the package (apk with a new name) and see how it works.
Later: It seems to be corrected and working now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0