Android Question "APP Not installed" after a few changes

FERNANDO SILVEIRA

Active Member
Licensed User
I created and tested the app and it was running fine.

Then I decided to implement tabs on the original layout, now after compiling with no errors, the installation would not complete.


B4A Version: 8.00
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.07s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Generating R file. (3.23s)
Compiling generated Java code. (3.85s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. (0.22s)
Packaging files. (0.13s)
Copying libraries resources (0.01s)
Signing package file (debug key). (0.46s)
ZipAlign file. (3.73s)
Installing file to device. (7.16s)
Installing with B4A-Bridge.
Completed successfully.

upload_2018-4-2_21-45-14.png


upload_2018-4-2_21-45-45.png


upload_2018-4-2_21-48-2.png
 

Mahares

Well Known Member
Licensed User
After renaming the project name.
Any idea on why this happened?
If you check this link:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v6-30-has-been-released.71212/#content

you will see that starting B4A version 6.30 the Debug Key has been changed. Go to the bottom of the first post of that link and you will see this sentence by Erel:
Note that the debug key has been replaced. If you are using B4A-Bridge then you will need to uninstall the existing developed app before deploying the new one (required once).
In your case, you actually created a new app when you changed the package name. That is why it installed for you. But what you should have done is uninstall the old app and install the new one. This is applicable when you use the Bridge and you are using the Bridge to connect.
 

FERNANDO SILVEIRA

Active Member
Licensed User
Ok...
In fact I reinstalled the Bridge when a message mentioned a version issue. But the new installed version number (2.51) was the same I had before. Since it was still not installing I renamed the project and worked.

I may have missed something.

Thanx anyway.
 

Mahares

Well Known Member
Licensed User
But the new installed version number (2.51) was the same I had before
I may have missed something.
I am not talking about the change in B4A Bridge version. It has nothing to do with the Bridge. I am talking about the change in B4A IDE version. You must have had a version before 6.30 and then when you upgraded to a version higher than that ( in your case 8.0) and recompiled, you encountered the problem. So my answer in post #3 still stands unless @Erel refutes it or I am missing something.
 

FERNANDO SILVEIRA

Active Member
Licensed User
I am not talking about the change in B4A Bridge version. It has nothing to do with the Bridge. I am talking about the change in B4A IDE version. You must have had a version before 6.30 and then when you upgraded to a version higher than that ( in your case 8.0) and recompiled, you encountered the problem. So my answer in post #3 still stands unless @Erel refutes it or I am missing something.

I never had a version before 6.3, I only tried 7.8 for a few weeks and now, after purchasing a license, I have 8.0...
These kind of "surprises" scare me, specially when learning the platform. But maybe are because of my learning curve.

Now that my posts are seen more frequently I think I'll improve myself on the nuts and bolts faster... :)
 

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
The app name will never cause an app not to be installed. The package name is the important name.

It can happen if you switched between a different signing key, or if you have installed an app with a higher version code and then try to install an app with lower version and with the same package name. The same is true for targetSdkVersion.

The solution is to find the already installed app, which can have a different name as only the package name is important, and uninstall it.
 
Top