Android Question App not installing on Android 5.0 Lollipop

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Anyone else finding that there app does not install on Android 5.0 Lollipop (The latest release) ?

I am finding that when I try and install the app on Android 5.0 Lollipop (using the B4A IDE) it comes up saying if I want to install the app, so I tap on Install then a few seconds later it says 'App not installed'.

I then try and install the same app on my Android 4.4.4 device and it works fine (using the B4A IDE).

Anyone else had the same issue and does anyone have any ideas on where I should start looking ?

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using a Nexus 5, with Android 5.0 Lollipop and it for some reason fails.
I then have a Sony Xperia Z running Android 4.4.4 KitKat and it installs fine.

I did have the developer preview (Android L) on my Nexus 5 and it installed fine.

I wonder if this has something with the new SDK I downloaded. However I did replace the AAPT file which allowed me to now compile the app, just won't install now.

When I try and compile it using the USB I get the following error:

Parsing code. 0.47
Compiling code. 0.78
Compiling layouts code. 0.08
Generating R file. 0.06
Compiling generated Java code. 4.01
Convert byte code - optimized dex. 4.73
Packaging files. 2.02
Copying libraries resources 0.03
Found 16 resource files.
Signing package file (private key) 0.61
ZipAlign file. 0.03
Installing file to device. Error
pkg: /data/local/tmp/m1_basic_DEBUG.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE]
Restarting ADB Server may solve this problem.
Tools - Restart ADB Server. Device serial: 074ae88d0074fe59

I have gone to 'Tools' > 'Restart ADB Server' then tried to compile the app again, then a popup messages comes up on my device saying if I allow USB debugging. I tapped on OK, and then got the same error as above.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
then got the same error as above
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE]
It seems that the version already installed on device has an NEWER versioncode than the app you want to install. The new installation needs the same or a newer versioncode to be installed.

Try uninstall the app from device manually. then install ist again. It should now work.
Probably the handling of versions of an app has changed in Lollipops releaseversion and B4A need an update. It´s just a thought...

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought I didn't have it installed but looks like I did have it installed.

Just uninstalled the app and now its working. All but the SSL socket since Google hasn't fixed the bug :(

Upvote 0

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah its working now. Except the SSL Socket won't connect.
Normal sockets work fine though.

I posted this 'wish' a while back but it will be really, really good if someone can get the wolf SSL lib working with B4A.
http://www.yassl.com/yaSSL/Home.html

Happy to pay someone (around $500-$600) to get it working with B4A. (that's how despite I am for SSL sockets to work with B4A)

Upvote 0