App size should max. 50MB on Google Play ?

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
All,
I've read that the size of an .apk can be up to 100MB in order to be uploaded on Google-Play.

My .apk is ca. 85MB. However, when I try to upload it, an error message appears "Reduziere die Größe deiner APK-Datei auf 50 MB oder verwende APK-Erweiterungsdateien. "
In other terms, the app should not bigger than 50MB ?

How can I circumnavigate this problem now ? I can't really reduce the .apk further !

Last edited:

roumei

Licensed User
It's under Project > Manifest Editor, see https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/android-jar-targetsdkversion-minsdkversion.87610/ for more info.

Manifest.jpg

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. I've right now tryed with minSdkVersion=16, recreated the .apk (release mode), uploaded, sadly the same error message is shown.

Trying now with minSdkVersion=22..

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
With minSdkVersion=22 in the manifest editor:
On my device (samsung galaxy alpha) the app can't be installed, an error message arises at the end of the download (from within B4A-Bridge). The error states something like "error by parsing the package".
Anyway, the error message by upload is now different: " Du hast bereits ein APK oder Android App Bundle mit dem Versionscode 1. Bitte verwende einen anderen. "
That means, that I have already an APK orAndroid App Bundle with the Versionscode 1, and another version should be choosen instead. That puzzles me, because I have never released an App on Google Play until now..
[EDIT]: it seems to work now, I can click on the "review and release" button.

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, now it seems that the .apk is "in review". A question. How much average time is required for an App to be reviewed on the Play Store ?

roumei

Licensed User
1) You have to increase the #VersionCode in 'Main' for a new release in Google Play.
2) The minSdkVersion defines on which Android versions the app can be installed. Probably your device runs an older Android version.
3) targetSdkVersion should be 29 at the moment.
4) My experience is that it takes about 5-7 days for a completely new app to be approved. It's mainly caused by the IARC content rating. Updates are usually approved within a couple of hours.

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
1) You have to increase the #VersionCode in 'Main' for a new release in Google Play.
2) The minSdkVersion defines on which Android versions the app can be installed. Probably your device runs an older Android version.
3) targetSdkVersion should be 29 at the moment.
4) My experience is that it takes about 5-7 days for a completely new app to be approved. It's mainly caused by the IARC content rating. Updates are usually approved within a couple of hours.

<<1) You have to increase the #VersionCode in 'Main' for a new release in Google Play.>>
--->Thanks, and so I did, however I don't understand the reason, since I did not install any App before now.

<<Probably your device runs an older Android version>>
--->Yes, sadly..

<<3) targetSdkVersion should be 29 at the moment.>>
---> It is already

<<4) My experience is that it takes about 5-7 days for a completely new app to be approved. It's mainly caused by the IARC content rating. Updates are usually approved within a couple of hours.>>
Sob ! What a pity.. it is a end-of-year firework app.. In 5-7 days is definately too late !

Thank you roumei for your nice and prompt support ! You own a pizza and a beer from me ;-)

And many thanks to monster67 too 👍