Appland app store to ignore

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Howdy,

A few years ago I uploaded some apps to Appland ( https://www.applandinc.com/ I think it was appland.se before ).

This generated a massive amount of 0 downloads/installs.

A few days ago they contacted me if I was interested in an alternative app store for my apps.

I had a look at my account which still existed and still showing 0 download counters.

When I explained I already had an account but it didn't get any downloads at all they wrote that they only offer downloads to the 500 best apps that are on google play.
And back then it was probably only for 100.000 installs which generated atleast 10.000 app sales.

Which means that their support for indie devs is simply non existing and they only care for what is generating a lot of cash already.

So don't upload your apps and screenshots there because it's a waste of time anyway.

Below some quotes... and they admit that they are time wasters ;)

We typically don't add apps into our store unless they have at least 100k downloads on Google Play or 10k purchases. Perhaps this was the reason?

I appreciate your feedback. I understand where you are coming from, but Appland has shifted its games offering to be a true subscription games service where we only offer 500 titles with 0 ads. We don't cater to the indie developer, unfortunately.
I rechecked with my Head of Content regarding your games, but they are not at the rating level we typically allow (via App Annie standards).
So sorry to have wasted your time regarding this. Wishing you the best of luck!

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
Any store other than google play and appstore is useless anyway..

You are wrong.
I have "huge" success on Huawei App Gallery with over 500 new downloads every single day, it's about ~15k/month.

Last edited:

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
every download can count if the player keeps playing your game.
people from China need to use alternatives or need to mess around with VPNs to reach google play.

too bad the Huawei one lacks procedures to implement in-app purchases. they only have it for push messages.

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
people from China need to use alternatives or need to mess around with VPNs
Actually my app is not published in China, but all other countries. As Huawei lose Play Services new Huawei phones coming only with App Gallery.
I dont see reason not to publish app there. My users are from Europe, also my download from App Gallery are 95% from Europe.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I created an account there months ago but never got to update my apps and put them there.

I'll give some stats when they are there for a while.

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried to post an app to Samsung's Galaxy Store. Although I had copied it directly from the Play Store, they wanted proof that I had the right to use the app intellectual property.

These guys are hopeless.

I plan on posting to the Amazon app store, though. When they were doing PC and Mac software, I did good business with them. Now they only do Android.

Registered on the Huawei app gallery, but I don't have a VAT number (under the threshold), so they only take free apps.

Struggling with in app purchase, so I cannot post free apps yet.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Struggling with in app purchase, so I cannot post free apps yet.

yeah, as mentioned above they did create some things (push messages) for B4A but not the in-app purchases yet.

too bad which means you'll need to split up apps again if you want to provide an ad-free option.