iOS Question Apple rejected my app again

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i am trying to update a running app for over 1 month with no success. the reason is always the same.
app starts but stuck on black screen without loading anything.

when i try it on ipad2 or iphone4s or simulator (ipad pro 9.3, iphone 6s 9.3,...) everything is working fine but apple says something different :(:(:(

Apple:

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on the iPad running iOS 9.3.2 and the iPhone running iOS 9.3.2 on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks.

Specifically, still no content appears after launch. Please see the attached screenshot.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device to identify the issue(s), then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in the Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s). For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue(s).

Resources

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:
- complete details of your rejection issue(s)
- screenshots
- steps to reproduce the issue(s)
- symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log

this is the screen shot they made

temp..tkpvxfck.png

what could it be??

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
- Uninstall the app.
- Compile in release mode and don't start it.
- Turn on airplane mode and start it.

Does it work?

thank you erel for your answer

i did what you said and indeed nothing appears. just a black screen like Apple is getting.
what should i do to fix that?

thanx ilan

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have added any new libraries in the new version?
Try whether your previous version works in airplane mode to be sure the problem is caused by features added in the new version.

Jan

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you have added any new libraries in the new version?
Try whether your previous version works in airplane mode to be sure the problem is caused by features added in the new version.

Jan

actually no, it was just a full version and i changed it to a free version with admob and inapppurchases but i have updated another app that was approved.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
when i tried the other app i updated with the same process @Erel told me (uninstall app > install > turn on airplane > start app) then it is working.

i dont know why this app does not work but if @Erel knows the exact process to reproduce this issue then he might know the answer :)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
i dont know why this app does not work but if @Erel knows the exact process to reproduce this issue then he might know the answer
There is no general issue that causes such error. This is just a good way to test it in the same way that Apple test your app. You should use iReleaseLogger library to understand what happens.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok after 1 month i decided to try to get this app to work and i will post what i found. (maybe it will help someone else)

the app didnot worked in release mode but worked great in debug mode. i tried to delete lines and put msgbox to see if that code is reached... and what i saw is that everything was loading but then disappear and a black screen appeared. i also tried it by building in release mode and then airplane mode on and try to run the app and also without airplane mode. both did not worked.

so after few hours of changing almost all code i decided to delete everything load everything back from backup (i saved everything before changing code)
ofcourse it did not worked like in the beginning so what i did is uninstall b4i, install b4i again, downloaded again macserver (i have a local mac) and build b4ibridge app.
and try to build in release and it worked (airplane mode, without airplane mode). so if someone will get the same issue he could just try to reinstall everything (b4i, macserver, b4i-bridge)

(now i just hope apple will not reject my update because of something else :confused:)

regards, ilan

Upvote 0