iOS Question Application tried to push a nil view controller on target <B4INavigationController: 0x176ab590>.

Ramezanpour

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi there

I have problem with my app
error (log):

Application tried to push a nil view controller on target <B4INavigationController: 0x176ab590>.

mtechteam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, I assume since the post ends where it does that the problem was never discussed more. We are having this same error with 2 projects that were B4A converted to B4i. We rename the offending view then the message goes away. It comes back when we add anything "major" such as new variables or much code. Then we rename the view and the error goes away again.

Any assistance is appreciated. Will try to get a trimmed down copy of what we are doing made and see if the error continues so we can post it.

Upvote 0

mtechteam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is a sample of part of the offending code AND what we found the real issue is (at least it seems to have solved the problem thus far). When you have a code module that is named the same as a page view and you are running it in B4i you will, a majority of the time, get the the error this post was started with; while B4A seems to have no problem with the same name being used for both. What the interns working for us did was change the capitalization of the page name everywhere and it would work, for a little while, then had to change it back the other way for a while - they got a bit frustrated after a while. One of our other programmers doing a similar thing just changed the name to something completely different for the method and the problem has not been back since. So, the name "CheckList" below is used for both the module name and the page, which in B4A would never error, but would give us errors 50-90% of the time in B4i. If it matters, all of our code starts in B4A and gets converted to B4i.
--------------------
Code Module name: CheckinList

Sub Process_Globals
'These global variables will be declared once when the application starts.
'Public variables can be accessed from all modules.

Public CheckinList As Page
Public NavControl As NavigationController

Dim lblDate As Label
Dim lstCheckNames As ScrollView
End Sub

Sub Settings_Start (Nav As NavigationController)
CheckinList.Initialize("Checkin")
CheckinList.RootPanel.Color = Colors.White
CheckinList.RootPanel.LoadLayout("checkin")

NavControl = Nav
NavControl.ShowPage(CheckinList)

ArkCalls.DisplayDatelbl(lblDate)
CheckinNameCalls.LoadCheckinList(lstCheckNames)

End Sub
----------------------

Upvote 0