Appodeal Ad Network Example and Class with source

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I have recently signed up with Appodeal. It's early, but so far I am very impressed. They support banners, interstitial, and video ads.

They have a library interface for B4A and an example on their site. It's very simple to integrate with B4A.

Based on their code, I have developed another example adding a class to allow House Ads and setting the explicit rate for cycling banner ads.

If you decide to sign up for Appodeal, please show your appreciation for this class and example by using my affiliate link:
http://appodeal.com/+87b951b89435bef1f00ec5e2f93cb13c

They require you to link the Appodeal account to your Admob account.

Assuming you already have an Admob account, after signing up for Appodeal
  • Download the B4A library files and example from the B4A docs page:
    http://www.appodeal.com/sdk/documentation?framework=8&full=1

• When compiling my example (or their example) be sure to change the path for the Google play services library.

• I guess I'm not familiar enough with the Chrome browser :). After following the instructions to install their Chrome browser extension for linking to your Admob account, you need to execute four steps in order to link a newly created application. In the upper right-hand corner of the Chrome browser there will be a red Appodeal button that displays a menu to guide you through the four steps.

Barry.

Attachments

• AppoTest.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 256

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried Appodeal example before but I couldn't make it work. Hope your code will help.
Do I need an AdMob account to use Appodeal? Because I want to publish my apps to 3rd party stores not Google Play.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I am by no means an Appodeal expert. I am in the USA I've been using it for several days while I'm developing. I seem to get a 100% fill rate. I am mainly interested in banners, but I have tried the interstitial and video. They work and are incredibly easy to use with B4A.

Appodeal works in conjunction with Admob. They do say you need to have an Admob account.

My guess is that this should not prevent you from using third-party stores. As far as I know Admob is part of Google but is not dependent on Google Play.

I have not published an app that uses Appodeal yet. It will be interesting to find out how it really performs. Compared to ad platforms I have used in the past, integration is so easy, I feel it is worth a try.

Barry.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Barry for clearly answer. I asked the same question to Diana from Appodeal and waiting for her reply.