Share My Creation AstralCore (Library + Server App)

I am happy to release AstralCore Version 1.00. AstralCore is my second library and is the next generation of
@Erel
's KeyValueStore. The library contains three modules: LocalCore, RemoteCore, and CoreSyncher.​

Description of each Module:
  • LocalCore: Allows you to create local cores.
  • RemoteCore: Allows you to connect to a remote core via my own server app. (I decided to write my own server app instead of using CloudKVS so I could gain experience with servers and have it work the way I need it to.)
  • CoreSyncher: A small module that makes synching tables between LocalCore and RemoteCore instances easier. Version 1.1 will include a backup method that will allow you to backup remote cores. (A method to backup RemoteCore instances to a LocalCore will be coming in AstralCore 1.1.)

With AstralCore, I have also made some upgrades to KeyValueStore.

The first upgrade that I have made is the ability to use custom tables. This is big because before you'd most likely had to create multiple KeyValueStore databases to act as "separate" "tables". Now, you no longer have to create multiple databases just to store separate info. The best thing about this is that feature is entirely optional. If you don't want to use multiple tables then just provide a blank ("") string for the TableName parameter. The library will detect this insert it to the "KeyValueStore" table. However, these aren't actual "tables". Instead, I have added a third column called "TableName". So thank you to @OliverA for the suggestion.

The second upgrade that I have made is making encryption a global feature by default. This means that when you initialize either Core, you'll need to provide an encryption password. If you provide a blank password then it's just like KeyValueStore methods without encryption. The biggest reason I decided to do this is this makes it a whole lot easier for me to create my upcoming CoreAdmin app which is an app that allows you to create and edit LocalCore and RemoteCore instances.

(CAUTION: CoreAdmin will require a paid membership. But it'll be cheap and will work across all of my paid products; it will even remove ads from my Android apps.)

Last edited:

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please insert any image or video ;)

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please insert any image or video ;)
Can implement Image support however, can't implement Video support as there isn't a "Video" object in B4X.