Auto-Capitalized Variable Names

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
Being a throwback from the VB6 days, I'm used to setting up variable names capitalized the way I like them in the DIM statements, then just typing along in lowercase and letting the IDE fix the other occurrences automatically. B4P does this with keywords... Can you add this functionality to variables, including library and control names, as well?

I'm spending more time fixing my variable names it seems than writing code. I dunno... Maybe I'll just switch to all lower case :(

ps. my [Backspace] key is nice & shiny... :)

Thanks again, Erel for all your work... --Jesse

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I hadn't realized ctrl-spacebar. But even remembering ctrl-spacebar is too much for me. I type pretty fast, and just like to roll on without capitalizing or ctrl-spacing.

Was just suggesting/hoping/asking if that might be possible in the next release. If not, that's ok, I'll just start using lower case var names. I'm the only one that reads it anyway :)

Thanks for responding...

Erel, how bout it? If a variable is Dimmed and used later not in the same case, could the IDE correct the case? If a variable isn't dimmed, then it should be left as is?

Jesse

Edit: Just tried using ctrl-space, and it does work in a nice way. I will try to remember to use it... but I still prefer just typing straight code at 90 MPH without stopping along the way for extra keystrokes. I guess the old phrase, "different keystrokes for different folks" just came true, huh, hahahaaaaa :D

Last edited: