Android Question B4A 11.80 Stability problems

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I`m having problems since installing B4A 11.80 this morning. The IDE keeps freezing every now and then, doing anything Windows will ask if i want to 'Wait or Close' the program.

And now another problem, suddenly I can`t compile my app (which I have been doing earlier this afternoon), i'm getting an error:

B4X:
B4A Version: 11.80
Parsing code.    (0.45s)
    Java Version: 11
Building folders structure.    (0.33s)
Compiling code.    (1.02s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.09s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.00s)
    (AndroidX SDK)
Compiling resources    (0.25s)
Linking resources    (0.93s)
Compiling debugger engine code.    (0.07s)
Compiling generated Java code.    Error
Error compiling designer script.
File: Browse, variant: General script
Line value: AutoScaleAll
src\DS\OrderSystem\designerscripts\LS_browse.java:13: error: incompatible types: Map<String,ViewWrapperAndAnchor> cannot be converted to LinkedHashMap<String,ViewWrapperAndAnchor>
anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.scaleAll(views);
                                                     ^

Any advice would be apprecicated.

Thanks James

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hard to answer without seeing the designerscript and a correspondending project.
Looks like the problem is in your designerscript?

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's the problem I don`t have anything apart from the default 'Autoscale', on all of the pages.

B4X:
'All variants script
AutoScaleAll

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This error happens because you have an old Core.jar in your internal libraries folder. I suggest you to delete all files in the internal libraries folder and reinstall B4A.

About the freezing, I don't think that it is related to B4A v10.8 but we need more information. First thing is to disable auto backup as suggested above.

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
All, Thanks for the suggestions; yes it was backup that was causing the freezing. Re-installed and fixed the other error, I had obviously copied over the wrong library from the previous version.

😍😍😍

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had obviously copied over the wrong library
You shouldn't need to copy any libraries over from the previous version. TheProgram Files installation contains all the official libraries and any more should be placed in your additional libraries folder which survives reinstallation.

Upvote 0