Wish B4A 5.0 - Clear logs on File > New

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel.
Is there any chance that you can please clear the logs when a user clicks on File > New. I have noticed this in the previous versions of B4A and thought that it was strange that New does not clear the logs.

Working on an example project, logs are full.
Untitled-1.png

I have now clicked on File > New, the previous project logs are still there, I then click Clear.
Untitled-2.png

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would prefer this to be optional. While on the subject of logs, why is the "log" cleared now when a project is run again? This should also be optional.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This should also be optional
This is indeed optional. You can disable it under Tools - IDE Options.

BTW, this is a good example of the problem with all the optional features. Even now while there are only 6 options under the IDE options menu, experienced developers can still easily miss these options.
Adding an option to clear the logs when a file is opened or to remove the breakpoint added in new projects will only make the IDE more cluttered.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I would prefer this to be optional. While on the subject of logs, why is the "log" cleared now when a project is run again? This should also be optional.
You've been a member since 2012 so you should know this. When Erel releases an update to B4A he always updates the new features list which can be found on this forum. I highly recommend that you look at this list whenever Erel email out an update to B4A, reading the list you would have seen the clear option on there.

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
You've been a member since 2012 so you should know this. When Erel releases an update to B4A he always updates the new features list which can be found on this forum. I highly recommend that you look at this list whenever Erel email out an update to B4A, reading the list you would have seen the clear option on there.
Thank you for the update. Then when an option is created in a new version, the default should be as per previous version's behaviour. Btw, there's a clear log button so if i wanted the log cleared then i can simply use that very easily. Furthermore, a likely better design would be to have a check box in the "log" window, probably below/beside the clear log button, to control the "auto clear" feauture. And FYI, not all "new feautures" are explicitly outlined/detailed.