Android Question B4A 5.0 & Dot Net 4.5.2

pesquera

Licensed User
Hi,

I have an issue on my work machine.. the B4A's IDE does not load and stays on memory as a background proccess (looking with the task manager)

I installed it on another pc and all is fine, so I'm guessing that there is a problem with .net on my work pc

I can't find any solution yet, so I will appreciate any help
I've cleaned it uninstalling and installing .NET, several times, serveral versions :)
also 4.5.3, but finally I've uninstalled it

I found this tool to see the differences, but I can't figure out what is happening

This is the pc where IDE runs Ok:
upload_2015-6-9_10-19-39.png

This is my work machine, with the issue
upload_2015-6-9_10-21-54.png

pesquera

Licensed User
hi Sorex, thanks for the soon reply.. yes, I did.. also restarted the pc, etc.. since yesterday that I'm trying to fix it

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Have you tried running in it some compatibility mode or administrator mode, also what version of windows are you using on both of your machines ?

pesquera

Licensed User
Yes, the previous version is working fine (v4.30)
Erel: attached is the log file

Attachments

pesquera

Licensed User
changing locale to English does not solve the problem.. jus to mention it: the pc where is working Ok has also windows locale to Spanish

Jmu5667

Licensed User

pesquera

Licensed User
Ok, please be patient because I have not much knowledge about .net
I will investigate more and will return with the solution or another question :)
thanks!!

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Please check the security settings of the machine, too. Maybe something is blocking a proper installation of B4a V5.

Is it installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\B4A.exe or somewhere else?

pesquera

Licensed User
Is it installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\B4A.exe or somewhere else?
Yes, it is.. on both computers.. under my user, but on the folder: C:\Program Files\Anywhere Software\Basic4android.v5.0
I have the rights and anyway installed as administrator
thanks

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Working fine on my computer: win8.1, VS2013, VB6, B4A 4.3, B4J.. All installed and working side by side.
Try to boot your computer in safe mode.